Question Constant white LED on motherboard asus b450f gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Hi, about 2 days ago i turned my pc on and everything was working fine, i go downstairs and come back up and suddenly my monitor was on black screen not displaying anything and i have tried turning my pc off and on again but nothing, my motherboard is showing a constant white led and on its manual it is showing that its a VGA issue.

So far i have tried switching my gpu with a different gpu and still doesnt display anything. I have also tried switching display port cables but still doesn’t display anything.
I have also tried reseating my gpu but same result nothing. The white led is still constant in my motherboard, is there anything else i can do or can anyone tell me what has happened?

My build -

5600X
Asus B450 F Gaming MB
MSI RTX 3070 SUPRIM X GPU
16GB RAM G.Skill
250GB SSD & 1TB SSD Crucial
2TB HDD Seagate
Seasonic Gold modular 750w PSU

There are a few things you can try. Did you try the gpu/s in the second pcie x16 slot? With the psu turned off and unplugged from its power source remove the motherboard battery for about 5 minutes. Then replace it, plug the psu back into the power source, turn on psu and try to start your pc. If unsuccesful, then try removing one stick of ram at a time, and starting pc, then repeating with the next stick of ram following your user manual for proper placement of one stick of ram startup for your motherboard.

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
There are a few things you can try. Did you try the gpu/s in the second pcie x16 slot? With the psu turned off and unplugged from its power source remove the motherboard battery for about 5 minutes. Then replace it, plug the psu back into the power source, turn on psu and try to start your pc. If unsuccesful, then try removing one stick of ram at a time, and starting pc, then repeating with the next stick of ram following your user manual for proper placement of one stick of ram startup for your motherboard.
I dont think i can do the pcie second slot method because my rtx 3070 is too chunky lol and a network card is also in place, but i will try the motherboard battery first and then the ram sticks, for the ram sticks, so i do those one at a time each in the placement of one ram stick?

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Maybe you could use an older gpu to test the second slot or borrow a friends. Yes use one stick of ram at a time in the one stick setup recommendation for your motherboard
Just tried the mb battery and ram stick methods but both did not work im still getting that white led, i will try my best to do the pcie slot 2 but gonna have to take off my network card so I’ll get back to you asap

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Maybe you could use an older gpu to test the second slot or borrow a friends. Yes use one stick of ram at a time in the one stick setup recommendation for your motherboard
Just tested the pcie slot 2 with my sisters gpu and yeah it is not working still, im going to assume its possibly a motherboard issue? I might try and test out my graphics card on my sisters pc and see if it works, but the constant white led remains on my pc :(

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Update, I swapped my graphics card to my sisters pc and everything seems to be working there no VGA error or anything so i think its a motherboard issue?? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.