Question Contemplating building my system

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
So ive had a few threads up over time about buying a system from a company, ive started to consider building the system myself instead, whislt the cost is still fairly high id like some input as ive changed some things around, at the moment this is the build i have come up with
I would like advice if its a good idea, i will add, the case, fans and AIO i am pretty set on, i really love the aesthetic of lian li items,
A couple things, would this be okay? What fan controller would i need for these fans in order to be able to customise all the colours and such on them?
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/yyh6HG

Lutfij

Titan
For rams, stick between DDR5-6000MHz and DDR5-6600MHz, tight latency. I would look into a smaller capacity SSD for the OS/launchers(if you're going to be gaming on the system)/apps. The larger capacity SSD's can be your libraries.

I don't think you need 9 fans in that case to start our build.

Apart from that, the build looks good. The benefit with building from the ground up is you get to pick and choose what goes in your build.

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
For rams, stick between DDR5-6000MHz and DDR5-6600MHz, tight latency. I would look into a smaller capacity SSD for the OS/launchers(if you're going to be gaming on the system)/apps. The larger capacity SSD's can be your libraries.

I don't think you need 9 fans in that case to start our build.

Apart from that, the build looks good. The benefit with building from the ground up is you get to pick and choose what goes in your build.
What would tight latency ram be?
The os drive is the 2tb corsair one which iirc was like 12700mbs read?
The 9 fans are mostly aesthetics to make the system look really nice and neat over being cool
- do you happen to know what I’d need fan controller wise?
I’m also concerned I may do something wrong whilst building the system and then I’d be screwed

Feb 2, 2024
The SSD advertised speeds are only valid in benchmarking situations and have pretty much no validity in real world use.
My Crucial is advertised as 12000MB/s and indeed I get close to that in benchmarking, but in realwolrd transfers in even best the circumstances it never goes over 5-6GB/s. The thing to look for is IOPS not the 12giagaplex figures. Samsung tends to do best here.

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
The SSD advertised speeds are only valid in benchmarking situations and have pretty much no validity in real world use.
My Crucial is advertised as 12000MB/s and indeed I get close to that in benchmarking, but in realwolrd transfers in even best the circumstances it never goes over 5-6GB/s. The thing to look for is IOPS not the 12giagaplex figures. Samsung tends to do best here.
You said a lot of words I have no idea of the meaning lol!