Continuous Beeps & reboot loop when using ram slots 3 and 4

Poseidon5001

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014
Motherboard: Gigabyte z97x-gaming 5
CPU: i7 4790k
PSU: Corsair RM650

So the other day I got a bsod, when i checked the stop code it mentioned doing a disk check. So i scheduled one for the next boot.
And, uh, when I booted it up this morning it simply wouldn't turn on.
The fans would spin up, then the computer would reboot. repeating over and over.
So i turned off the psu, and added the speaker for beep codes.
Now when it turns on it gives repeated little beeps before restarting
To clarify, there is no display or peripherals lighting up.

I've tried:
Disconnecting all peripherals, secondary and tertiary hard drives, removing my GPU and using the motherboard HDMI header instead, doing a cmos reset.
I also removed my CPU cooler and cpu, reinserted the CPU, reappied thermal compound and the cpu cooler.

Audio recording:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1hVSBFPC97h

Poseidon5001

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014

I had already reseated the GPU. Now i removed all 4 ram modules and reseated one of them in the proper slot.
I still get the same boot loop but now there's now beep code.

EDIT: I get a message on screen saying to power down and connect my gpu to power (but it is)EDIT 2: I unplugged and replugged that power cable. One short beep, then reboot. & I'm in bios. Do i reseat the rest of my ram modules?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
try with only one ram stick at the time to see if you can boot to desktop, that way until you find if one module or mainboard ram slot is not being cooperative or things go back to normal, remember to clean the modules and slots, dust id not a friend there

the gpu message, never seen in person, usually or the gpu gets power and works or it doesn't work

Poseidon5001

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014

... So i thought I isolated the faulty ram module, but when i put the 3 that worked alone into their corresponding slots (DDR3 1,2,3) it gave me the repeated beeping again.
Now, when i try any of the 4 indiividually i get no beeps, no display, just repeated click like noises that sound like they come from the psu.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
try removing the gpu and work with the onboard gpu, i think your i7 has one iirc

if the psu is doing noises, it could be power related the problem, i would check the entitre mainboard or test with another psu to see if problem persist

Poseidon5001

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014

Removed the GPU to no avail..
Unfortunately, I dont have another PSU to test with.
EDIT: any idea as to why i no longer get any beeps?

Poseidon5001

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014

disassemble my motherboard?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
you can't disassemble the mainboard, you can disassemble the pc by removing the mainboard and cleaning both sides, then reinstalling it inside

remember that your mainboard could be dualchannel, so use ram slots 1 and 3 and then 2 and 4 for dualchannel

but in general, without having enough evidence and you not having tested with another psu, is the mainboard that is failing, just my opinion

the bent pin, does sound like a concern, i think you installed wrong the cpu once and you are having problems now with that

Poseidon5001

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014

I've had my computer for 3 years now I think, never had any problems, even overclocked to 4.7ghz on air (NHd14).
I noticed the bent pin removing the cpu today. So it must have been like that already.

But yea, the numbers i was mentioning for RAM slots were labeled like that:
1st : 1
2nd: 3
3rd: 2
4th: 4

I can only put in the 1st and 2nd slots which I called 1 and 3.
I can't use the 3rd or 4th slots (for the 2nd and 4th stick - or where they should be anyways)

My computer no longer POSTS, and no longer has any bleeps or display.
EDIT: On removing the two sticks of ram, booting without them, and adding them back (again in the slots for stick 1 and 3, skipping the 3rd slot which should be for stick 2). Windows registers the 8gb
EDIT 2: Like, this edit has been made from my pc. But i'm too terrified to add my other sticks of ram.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
having a 3 years old pc and having no troubles with it doesn't mean that mainboard or another part can die

be sure to discard all ram modules as a possible problems, is no matter hat modules you use, the mainboard will not see slot 2 and 4, well, the problem is the mainboard but to be sure discard the psu trying to boot with another when you can get one borrowed but i think your mainboard is saying goodbye

Poseidon5001

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014

Isn't it highly improbably for this issue to appear in one day though?
I will most likely go to canadacomputers tomorrow and pick up a power supply to test.

Poseidon5001

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014
Just wanted to clarify something
My motherboard isnt simply not detecting slots 2/4, but if any ram module is put there (even with others in 1/3), it errors with the constant bleeping, which indicates power failure on gigabytes website.

EDIT: Came back this morning, my computer no longer POSTS again, even though it was working (without the other 2 ram moduels) yesterday.