[SOLVED] Continuous BSOD Error with ntkrnlmp.exe

Nov 10, 2021
Hello everyone, I hope I can get some help with the problem I'm having. I've been having BSOD problems with my PC which I think involves my drivers (according to what I've researched so far). I thought I fixed it at first but it's gotten worst recently and I've had 3 consecutive different errors today. The errors are, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

Here are my dump files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CA2ZSRS7cSJBX0DPbSzh8trfWCyWW_w4/view?usp=sharing

Solution
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/xk41bu9f/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:111021-6890-01.dmp (Nov 10 2021 - 02:22:02)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: opera.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:111021-6859-01.dmp (Nov 10 2021 - 02:38:58)
Bugcheck:PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4E)

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC?

Critical process died is mostly an error that only happens to windows files. Its caused when a system critical file crashes, there are a few of those so its difficult to isolate a cause.
pfn list corrupt - pfn = page frame number. It migth be a driver error
System service exception - not obvious error.

I will ask a friend to convert dumps but he is asleep right now. He will reply later with a link I can use to read dumps.

Nov 10, 2021
what are specs of the PC?

Critical process died is mostly an error that only happens to windows files. Its caused when a system critical file crashes, there are a few of those so its difficult to isolate a cause.
pfn list corrupt - pfn = page frame number. It migth be a driver error
System service exception - not obvious error.

I will ask a friend to convert dumps but he is asleep right now. He will reply later with a link I can use to read dumps.
Here's the Device Specifications:

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max WIFI
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB 3200mhz Dual Channel
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT
Storage: Kingston A2000 512GB NVME

Nov 10, 2021
why stay on insiders after win 11 was released? I dropped out day before win 11 was released.

I am not aware of any drivers that don't work with win 11 but I am sure there are some. I haven't run into any yet,
Tbh I'm not sure why I stayed on Insider. My problems actually started before I even upgraded to Win 11 but it was mostly caused by Oracle VM causing some Memory leaks(from what I found with Driver Verifier). Now I'm not sure what's going on.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/xk41bu9f/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:111021-6890-01.dmp (Nov 10 2021 - 02:22:02)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: opera.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:111021-6859-01.dmp (Nov 10 2021 - 02:38:58)
Bugcheck:PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 58 Sec(s)

File information:111021-6593-01.dmp (Nov 10 2021 - 02:23:27)
Bugcheck:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (EF)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 35 Sec(s)

File information:111021-15625-01.dmp (Nov 9 2021 - 13:36:45)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 16 Sec(s)

File information:110621-6671-01.dmp (Nov 6 2021 - 09:37:30)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: audiodg.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 45 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-MAX-WIFI
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using BIOS version 2.2. The latest stable version is 2.7. Avoid Betas. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: PugsAreGods
Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

some of your errors only occur in ram.
pfn list corrupt happened after windows tried to remove data from standby area of ram.
it might not be ram but best to check than to keep chasing drivers, as bad ram can make good drivers bad.

audiodg.exe is used by windows to talk to sound drivers
depending on results of memtest, you might want to upgrade Realtek audio drivers.