Question control.vbs error in line three...

ToddeSwe

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
Hi

Since yesterday my system complains about line 3 in the scriptfile control.vbs.

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WScript.Sleep(9399)
WshShell.Run """C:\Users\Todde\control\rrinstallerhdmi.exe"""

Why is that and what to do?
What is this? What is it trying to do? And why?

Thanks in advanced

Todde

D

Deleted member 14196

Scan your system with windows defender or whatever antivirus that you use. Then you can use the free version of malwarebytes To scan for malware and remove it Also go delete that file if it exists that it is trying to run the executable that is. And also delete control.VBS

Download and run Autoruns. Run it in administrator mode and look at the start up and see what’s calling that script file and delete it as well

ToddeSwe

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
Scan your system with windows defender or whatever antivirus that you use. Then you can use the free version of malwarebytes To scan for malware and remove it Also go delete that file if it exists that it is trying to run the executable that is. And also delete control.VBS

Download and run Autoruns. Run it in administrator mode and look at the start up and see what’s calling that script file and delete it as well

No the file does not exists and i discovered that i don't have any virus or maleware protection at asll besides the window-builtin one... :)
I deleted the control.vbs file and now i'm scanning with the malwarebytes software.

Thank you and have a nice day!