Controller Input Lag on PC

Nov 6, 2018
I use a Scuf Controller on my PC to play Fortnite. I've been doing this for months with no problems at all but recently the input lag is terrible. Each game starts out fine but gets worse within minutes. I quickly unplug the cable and plug it back in and it's fine for a couple minutes before going downhill again. My PC is stout, it shouldn't be causing any issues. I've also tried different USB cables and a couple of PS4 controllers and all behave identically.

Specs:
EVGA Z370 FTW Mobo
Intel i7-8086k processor overclocked to 5
GTX 1080 GPU
16GB DDR4-3600 RAM

All temps are normal.

Any ideas what's causing this?

Reactions: Nzjedi
Nov 6, 2018
Due to the overwhelming response I'm going to put the solution here for everyone to see. I have a 144hz monitor and wasn't capping my frame rate. Although I never had before, something changed and it's necessary now. So instead of getting 350 FPS I've capped it to the 144 and it's smooth again.

Nov 8, 2018
Hi man i have the same issue, the response time is only good when i cap it at 144. But then i get horizontal tearing instead. Any suggestions?

Nov 6, 2018

I didn't have that issue so I'm not sure what would be causing it. I use G Sync and have never experienced tearing fortunately. Hopefully you get it figured out!

Nov 8, 2018
Yeah, i use g sync too. I have a Acer Predator XB271HU and get very good frames in 1440P(like 200) but have to cap it when im playing with a controller but that gives me terrible input lag instead. And when i cap it to 144fps i get tearing instead. But using a mouse and keyboard and playing with unlimited fps gives no input lag. It's very odd and frustrating. I've tried disabling g sync too.

TRENDING THREADS