[SOLVED] Controlling/commanding multiple windows with one mouse

bosseka

Reputable
Nov 19, 2015
Hey,

Before I continue, I’m not sure where to post this but I’m on a Windows 10 OS

I am wondering if there’s anyway to control multiple instances of one program with one mouse on one screen. For reference, there is a game I play where I can have multiple windows/‘instances’ running at once. I play them in full screen windowed and have to alt+tab between each to perform the same action - eg. if i want to move to a certain place, i would click where i want to go on the screen, alt+tab and do the same thing with the other windows/‘instances’. Is there anyway I can have them all open at once and control all of them with one click?

Thanks in advanced

Solution
As I understand your question, the answer is no.

General concept being that of "focus".

Reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_(computing)

You can google for more information as background as you deem necessary.

The simplest case (I think) would be two monitors in Extended mode. One instance on one monitor and the second instance on the second monitor.

Then you would need some code that follows mouse focus on the first monitor and duplicates those mouse actions on the second monitor.

Just curious: what game are you playing and what are you trying to achieve via multiple instances and "cloned mouse" movements?

bosseka

Reputable
Nov 19, 2015
Hey,

I am wondering if there’s anyway to control multiple instances of one program with one mouse on one screen. For reference, there is a game I play where I can have multiple windows/‘instances’ running at once. I play them in full screen windowed and have to alt+tab between each to perform the same action - eg. if i want to move to a certain place, i would click where i want to go on the screen, alt+tab and do the same thing with the other windows/‘instances’. Is there anyway I can have them all open at once and control all of them with one click?

Thanks in advanced

Ralston18

Titan
As I understand your question, the answer is no.

General concept being that of "focus".

Reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_(computing)

You can google for more information as background as you deem necessary.

The simplest case (I think) would be two monitors in Extended mode. One instance on one monitor and the second instance on the second monitor.

Then you would need some code that follows mouse focus on the first monitor and duplicates those mouse actions on the second monitor.

Just curious: what game are you playing and what are you trying to achieve via multiple instances and "cloned mouse" movements?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS