Convert Your DRAM into RGB Lightsticks, if You Dare

buzznut47

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
Agreed, so over RGB.
I can attest to how easy it is to pull a memory chip out when removing heatspreaders. But if you go with RGB memory instead of standard DDR4 you will pay $50 or more for that privilege.
What I do is buy inexpensive memory without heatspreaders and add my own. However, it seems these days memory manufacturers are mounting these things without cement. Yes, I'm looking at you, Corsair!

jaexyr

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017

You mean, just printers and scanners?
Maybe some RGB around existing RGB?

zahoome

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

Been there, done that. Take a look at the Vertagear PL-4500 chair. It has an optional RGB LED kit that's wirelessly controlled and will sync to audio.

Yes, I'd agree with jaexyr that RGB has gotten out of hand, but I just shake my head and move on. As long as it's not forced on my components/gear, then if somebody wants to pay a premium for it, then it's their money. That said, I do like RGB on some gear... just not everything. My keyboard is the only thing that's lit and visible (set to light the key as I type). My mobo and video card have lighting as well, but those are hidden away in a sound-deadened windowless case.

TRENDING THREADS