Convicted Hacker Mitnick Educates Navy on Cyber Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
How ironic. They chased him for years because of a lot of stuff attributed to him that he never actually did and as the article pointed out they were pissing their pants scared of him and his supposed ability to whistle nuclear launch codes into a payphone and launch the nukes at NORAD. Just hilarious to me that they are not only listening to his security advice and good advice it is but have hired him and are paying him for it!

G

What goes around comes around...:) I hope he fills his boots with cash.

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
that's the US government for ya bro...
They payed me $30k a year when I was in the military to work my ass off 12hours a day, 7 days a week...
Now I have THE EXACT SAME job as a civilian contractor for over 250k a year, and all I do is show up and play video-games for 8 hours a day =)

juvx

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
[citation][nom]frombehind[/nom]that's the US government for ya bro...They payed me $30k a year when I was in the military to work my ass off 12hours a day, 7 days a week...Now I have THE EXACT SAME job as a civilian contractor for over 250k a year, and all I do is show up and play video-games for 8 hours a day =)[/citation]

Your job sounds awesome !

Good for Mitnick. China has whole divisions of cyber hackers.... we need a lot more.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
The chants over the years...

(1) Early 2000's - "Hack the planet! Hack the planet!"
(2) Mid 2000's - "Free Kevin! Free Kevin"
(3) 2012 - "Hire Kevin! Hire Kevin!"

The kids are growing up so fast!

mikemp3

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
How the worm turns. Similar to how we sold Sadam the weapons then we bombed him now we are wiping our hands of that mess.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]overclockingrocks[/nom]How ironic. They chased him for years because of a lot of stuff attributed to him that he never actually did and as the article pointed out they were pissing their pants scared of him and his supposed ability to whistle nuclear launch codes into a payphone and launch the nukes at NORAD. Just hilarious to me that they are not only listening to his security advice and good advice it is but have hired him and are paying him for it![/citation]

um yea... rememer us... the reason you went to jail for so long... much of it lies... and fear... we kind of made up... we really appreciate that you didnt sue the crap out of us... lets make this up to you.

hythos

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
It'd be nice to drop the stigma of "Convicted hacker".... etc etc. To some people, it rings of an accomplishment, but seriously, x-hacker or any other term sounds better than something that resembles "sex offender" does, for life.

bmerigan

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
[citation][nom]frombehind[/nom]work my ass off 12hours a day, 7 days a week ... is THE EXACT SAME job as ... show up and play video-games for 8 hours a day[/citation]

Huh?

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]frombehind[/nom]that's the US government for ya bro...They payed me $30k a year when I was in the military to work my ass off 12hours a day, 7 days a week...Now I have THE EXACT SAME job as a civilian contractor for over 250k a year, and all I do is show up and play video-games for 8 hours a day =)[/citation]
you hiring? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.