Convince parents to buy a 2000$ gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

sengan31

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Hey I am 13 and I live in Canada and I would like help to convince my parents to buy me a 2000$ gaming laptop. Yes I could build a amazing desktop with that much but I need a laptop. The model is the MSI GS60 Pro-044.
I will now explain my situation:
my grades are average ( 90 history,85geo,90science,80french,82math,86dramaclass,84gym,97culture,...), and I do not want to work to do lawns and all. Anyways it would not work since ALL my neighborhood is subscribed to a professional service and I wont work in the school year. Btw I did get a job last summer for a month (in a real companie), even if I think its illegal since you can only work since 16 where live and won a fair amount of money (1000$). With that money I buyed a monitor (200$), a gaming mouse and keyboard (mouse 80$ for me, keyboard 175$ for cousins birthday), a pair of gaming headset (HyperX cloud 85$) some new clothes (200$), a pair of new shoes (70$), 100$ for a winter coat (real value was 350$ but it was on sale) and I keep the rest in my bank account. I had a laptop (that broke 1 years ago, it was a 400$ toshiba laptop that could not handle any gaming and could barley run adobe PS,AE,PR and could only render a 2 min video in about 1 and a half hour). +Next year my school will do courses where you bring your laptop (and not use the school ones). It will also help my do video editing/creating so I can start my youtube channel (just for fun not for money) and do amazing school projects :D. And I would also like to 60fps game (i dont mind any settings). The reason that I need a laptop is that I do projects at friends house, I sometimes game at friends house, and I go in vacations a lot in summer/winter (for about 2 week per vacation), etc. so I will need a high level of mobility.
***Also I have video editing skills that my parents are aware of (not just adding text, making a animated video from scratch and using particules,4D,etc.) which took a shit load of time to do on my old laptop. I also am a computer geek (a fact that my parents don't hate)***
As you can see I am not spoiled as a pay for my stuff (except like food and school) and I pay my own bus pass and I pay parents/brothers/sisters for gas every time they bring me somewhere with there car. I pay for all the Not From The House Food I Eat (Thai Express, McDonald, etc.). Most of the money that I use(75%) is not Parents give money to kid and the kid uses that money for whatever reason. In fact, its money that I saved up in the past year. I get a 10$ allowance per week since the start of the school year and I saved 60% of that money. I also pay to go to the gym to work out to make my gym grades higher. I also to chores in the house (vacuum, floor washing, furniture washing, and I do the lawn in summer and take out the snow of the front door/driveway in winter.
To note: I wrote them a letter(were I will add your advices) saying that if they have financial problems, I understand that they can't afford the computer and I will wait till my birthday or next Christmas (2015)

Thank you all for your a for the help it is very appreciated and sorry for my bad english, it's my third language.

Solution

For a $1500 laptop (for gaming) you come to me with 50% of the money, up front, and I'll consider it.
Considering as he was bought a laptop last year that is now broken....probability of a "yes" answer goes way down.

USAFRet

Titan
Hey I am 13 and I live in Canada and I would like help to convince my parents to buy me a 2000$ gaming laptop.

As a parent and grandparent, that is an absolute nonstarter.
$2000? Not a chance.

My finances as a parent have no part in the decision. $2000 for a game machine for a 13 year old ain't happening.

USAFRet

Titan

For a $1500 laptop (for gaming) you come to me with 50% of the money, up front, and I'll consider it.
Considering as he was bought a laptop last year that is now broken....probability of a "yes" answer goes way down.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS