[SOLVED] Coolant spilled on CPU Pins

Feb 5, 2020
So unfortunately the coolant of my water loop spilled on my CPU and into the socket of the motherboard (System was off) so the I know the mobo is likely an RMA. Is my CPU done as well? I heard all you would have to do is let the CPU dry but I got some coolant stains under the CPU pins. My CPU is an R5 3600 so is my CPU done?

Solution
Coolant is mostly water.Thoroughly blow the motherboard and CPU dry with a hairdryer and they should be fine. If you want to be extra careful, you may rinse the board off with 70+% isopropyl alcohol first to flush the coolant off first.

Manufacturer guarantees typically do not cover user-induced physical damage, so you are almost certainly out of luck RMA-wise there.

InvalidError

Titan
Coolant is mostly water.Thoroughly blow the motherboard and CPU dry with a hairdryer and they should be fine. If you want to be extra careful, you may rinse the board off with 70+% isopropyl alcohol first to flush the coolant off first.

Manufacturer guarantees typically do not cover user-induced physical damage, so you are almost certainly out of luck RMA-wise there.

Solution
As long as there wasn't too much voltage in there at the time (modern systems even when 'off' still are on), you should be okay with the cpu, and maybe even the motherboard. Just clean it carefully, give it plenty of time to dry out, and carefully reassemble. Good luck!