Question Cooler CPU Noctua NH-U12S in Mid-Tower Corsair 220T

RandomUser05

Prominent
Jun 22, 2022
Hello everyone. I need some help.. I bought my computer yesterday and I already noticed that the stock cooler of the Ryzen 5 5600 doesn't do the job. I really want a good air cooler and I was interested in this one (Cooler CPU Noctua NH-U12S).
I have a Corsair 220T Mid-Tower Case and in specs it says that the maximum height of cpu cooler is 160mm but the cooler that i want haves 158mm...

I know but sometimes these 2mm can give problems (it's my first build and I don't want to have to use an open case). I don't want to have any problems.

You'll have to take a chance and find out..........unless you can find someone who has actually used those 2 components together.

I have used the U12S and was very satisfied.

I have NO idea if the 160 mm maximum for that case is accurate. Could be right or wrong.

I think Noctua just introduced a dual tower cooler that is only 145 mm tall.

It is the NH-D12L. It is likely a bit better than the U12S.

I now use a Noctua U9S. It is single tower and only about 125mm tall. Performance is maybe 5 degrees warmer than the U12S. It may be all you need.

Reactions: RandomUser05

RandomUser05

Prominent
Jun 22, 2022
You'll have to take a chance and find out..........unless you can find someone who has actually used those 2 components together.

Ok i found someone with the Noctua NH-U12S and same case Corsair 220T:))
Thank you very much anyway!!!

b1ujbaoiz3w51.jpg

Thank you very much anyway!!!

Last edited: