Cooler for i5 4690K

kiesan

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
So hello and sorry for creating another post about that cpu cooler for this cpu.

but i was looking for cooler (watercooler or aircooler) for i5 4690K
cpu is clocked now on 4GHz at temps 46-50°C (with other fans in case at "silent mode") or at 36-42°C with hi-perf fan mode :)
but in load it get on +- 60-65°C and i think it is pretty high temp.

so question is if some coolers help me get better temps instead of this BOX COOLER temps. budget top is 100€ or this cooler Corsair Hydro Series H105 Performance (i have two 120mm corsair 120SP fans :) for change them on that cooler)

so can someone help me decide for any other coolers which are better bang for lower budget ? :)

thanks !:love:

IF you want to overclock, and use liquid, get any of the big name brand coolers in at least a 240mm and preferably a 280mm. Be aware liquid cooling is louder than air in most cases because not only do you have two fans running versus one (Sometimes two, with air) you also have pump noise to factor in.

The Corsair H105 and H110 are both good coolers. I don't like the H100i as I dislike the Corsair link, but some folks like it and when it works, it works well.

kiesan

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
i will overclock but only about 4-4.3Ghz (above 4.4ghz i get BSOD (or i have lower voltage i think))
but that temps i have only with graphics in cpu switched off (if i turn it on then i get 60-65°C idle)

+ if i will go for noctua d14 or c14 will they have "free space" or they fit too tight ?

What do you mean by "too tight" All aftermarket coolers that are worth anything are going to use considerable space. The radiators on liquid coolers do as well, it's just not as obvious since it's not in the middle of the case. IF you're worried about LOOKS, go with liquid. If you're worried about PERFORMANCE and NOISE, go with air. You can easily achieve that overclock using the Noctua NH-U14S which is much smaller than the NH-D14 or NH-D15, or most other performance coolers. It also only needs a single fan for most configurations so it leaves at least some room inside to work around.

It also matter whether or not you have TALL style RAM heat spreaders as to which cooler model will work. For most RAM the NH-U14S will clear with no problem, but with tall RAM you may need to move the fan up on the heatsink a bit or use a different cooler. What is the model of your case, motherboard and RAM?

kiesan

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
i have Crucial Ballistix Elite RAM (in HWinfo64 is : module nominal height : 29-30mm)
case (in few days i will buy Corsair 780T) but now i have CoolerMaster CM690 (the first model from 2008)
motherboard : MSi Z97 Gaming5