[SOLVED] Cooler Master case recommendation

Mar 23, 2021
Second post here, first asking for internal hardware, now going for the case.

Since I already have a brand new unopened Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240P Mirage, thought I would also go for a Cooler Master case (and maybe even a CM PSU lol).

So these are the ones that caught my eye, ranked by preference

1- MasterBox MB530P - This was the one that wins just by aesthetics, can't really beat it. But even though it has air intakes, the front panel is crystal too, so I'm not sure about airflow here. Apparently has lots of room to fit everything. https://www.coolmod.com/cooler-master-masterbox-mb530p-cristal-templado-caja-torre-precio

2- TD500 Mesh Black ARGB - Kinda same as above but apparently with better airflow https://www.pccomponentes.com/cooler-master-td500-mesh-black-argb-cristal-templado-usb-32

3- H500 (and variants of it) - Two 200mm fans in the front and apparently with lots of room too. No links here since this case has many variants, rgb, argb, crystal, mesh, different materials, going up in price all the time

Solution
1. Probably isn't too bad. The side and bottom vent spacing is pretty generous in the front panel. Also those vents are quite open too. Unlike a lot of front glass cases with narrow slits. I'd expect airflow restriction to be minor. Although I found no pro reviews with an actual bench test. I came across a user review which said the difference with and without the front panel in place was about 1-2C. So, unless you're going bonkers with overclocking or obsessed with every degree. This case is likely perfectly fine.

I would note a downside to all that openness. Dust will build up inside easily. Definitely keep it off the floor. Especially if you have pets.

2. It might be a little better. Sure it's got the front mesh. All those tiny...
1. Probably isn't too bad. The side and bottom vent spacing is pretty generous in the front panel. Also those vents are quite open too. Unlike a lot of front glass cases with narrow slits. I'd expect airflow restriction to be minor. Although I found no pro reviews with an actual bench test. I came across a user review which said the difference with and without the front panel in place was about 1-2C. So, unless you're going bonkers with overclocking or obsessed with every degree. This case is likely perfectly fine.

I would note a downside to all that openness. Dust will build up inside easily. Definitely keep it off the floor. Especially if you have pets.

2. It might be a little better. Sure it's got the front mesh. All those tiny holes may actually impede airflow more than those big wide vents. Unfortunately without a reviewer using identical internals and test conditions. There is no way to be certain. The mesh looks very fine. So, dust may be less of an issue. Although you'll get more buildup in the front.

3. Didn't bother looking. As I'm sure the first two are adequate and they are your preferred choices anyways.

Reactions: UCantKILLmyRock91
Solution

Endre

Reputable
Second post here, first asking for internal hardware, now going for the case.

Since I already have a brand new unopened Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240P Mirage, thought I would also go for a Cooler Master case (and maybe even a CM PSU lol).

So these are the ones that caught my eye, ranked by preference

1- MasterBox MB530P - This was the one that wins just by aesthetics, can't really beat it. But even though it has air intakes, the front panel is crystal too, so I'm not sure about airflow here. Apparently has lots of room to fit everything. https://www.coolmod.com/cooler-master-masterbox-mb530p-cristal-templado-caja-torre-precio

2- TD500 Mesh Black ARGB - Kinda same as above but apparently with better airflow https://www.pccomponentes.com/cooler-master-td500-mesh-black-argb-cristal-templado-usb-32

3- H500 (and variants of it) - Two 200mm fans in the front and apparently with lots of room too. No links here since this case has many variants, rgb, argb, crystal, mesh, different materials, going up in price all the time

How about this one?
That’s the one I use since early 2019:
Cooler Master MasterBox E500 with ODD
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/masterbox-e500-with-odd/

(Before this one, I had for 2 months a Zalman Z3 Plus Black that got rusty inside after only 1 month of usage! Then I replaced it with the Cooler Master that I mentioned earlier).

Mar 23, 2021
How about this one?
That’s the one I use since early 2019:
Cooler Master MasterBox E500 with ODD
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/masterbox-e500-with-odd/

(Before this one, I had for 2 months a Zalman Z3 Plus Black that got rusty inside after only 1 month of usage! Then I replaced it with the Cooler Master that I mentioned earlier).
Seems decent but way too simple and boring. I'm doing a full upgrade, my previous case is pretty simple too, those options above feel a bit better

Reactions: Endre
Mar 24, 2021
Good choice on CM case, I have the HAF 932 since 2013. Metal solid case (literally over 75% of the material are metal) with plenty space to run the wire and upgrade, fit any size mobo and long card.
I personally hate any RBG in case, completely waste of power and light pollution. Would recommend a case with mesh side panel for more airway, or additional options on fan. Unfortunately nowadays they are hard to find, most case has one large tempted glass as side panel. No idea why people love to look inside the case, instead of looking at the output on the monitor of what things in the cases can do :/

Mar 23, 2021
Good choice on CM case, I have the HAF 932 since 2013. Metal solid case (literally over 75% of the material are metal) with plenty space to run the wire and upgrade, fit any size mobo and long card.
I personally hate any RBG in case, completely waste of power and light pollution. Would recommend a case with mesh side panel for more airway, or additional options on fan. Unfortunately nowadays they are hard to find, most case has one large tempted glass as side panel. No idea why people love to look inside the case, instead of looking at the output on the monitor of what things in the cases can do :/

Ambient lighting I guess, I do love me some subtle rgb, but not seizure inducing disco lights lol

TRENDING THREADS