News Cooler Master introduces colored ‘AI Thermal Paste’ — CryoFuze 5 comes with nano-diamond technology

Dr3ams

Respectable
Sep 29, 2021
"The company uses zinc oxide and aluminum powder to make the colorful thermal paste..."

I read somewhere that it's not a good idea for zinc and copper to have contact with each other for longer periods of time. Many heatsinks are made of copper.

"The company uses zinc oxide and aluminum powder to make the colorful thermal paste..."

I read somewhere that it's not a good idea for zinc and copper to have contact with each other for longer periods of time. Many heatsinks are made of copper.
Zinc oxide has been a main component in some thermal pastes for a LOOONNNGGGG time, decades, id say its pretty safe to use hah. Although it may discolor the copper base plate, it doesn't harm anything.

https://www.arrow.com/en/research-a...mal-paste-a-critical-tool-for-heat-management

Papusan

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2016
What kind of sloopy journalism is this from Tomshardware? See for yourself... The stability of Cooler Master's colorful thermal paste adds another advantage, especially for overclockers who aim to get the most out of their silicon. If you're one of the few who use liquid nitrogen to cool your PC, you'll appreciate the CryoFuze 5's ability to work from -50C to 240C.

Why would LN2 overclockers use this new thermal paste that isn't intended to be used below -50C ? They operate more with temps down to -192C. In short... This fancy colored thermal paste is useless for them.

Last edited:

Notton

Prominent
Dec 29, 2023
Reactions: artk2219 and Dr3ams
Dating myself here, but when Compact Disc finally gained traction, literally everything audio related was "Digital" or "Digital Ready". I realize now I have been around the block at least one too many times for any marketing schtick to work on me.