Cooler Master Intros CM Storm Trigger-Z Mechanical Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

loosescrews

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
I would be nice if prices were listed in other currencies than euros. As far as I can tell Ireland is the only English speaking country on the euro.

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Why do you need 64KRO?You have 10 fingers, most people don't share keyboards, why do you need more than 12KRO (USB limit = 6KRO per instance of Keyboard in driver memory, 2 instances = 12KRO which is sufficient for 10 fingers)?

Why do you need 64KRO?You have 10 fingers, most people don't share keyboards, why do you need more than 12KRO (USB limit = 6KRO per instance of Keyboard in driver memory, 2 instances = 12KRO which is sufficient for 10 fingers)?
Because with 12KRO you can't be sure that eg. A and D are independent. The quoted number is a MAXIMUM, not a minimum. Ie. with 12KRO it is possible to have 12 different keys registered at the same time, but not necessarily ANY combination of 12 different keys.

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
KRO should be cited as a worst-case scenario, or as a minimum, by definition. 12KRO will be any 12 keys, but depending on the keys, you could have 14 or 15 at once. Also of note is that it usually doesn't count modifier keys (ctrl, shift) in this number.

May 2, 2013
Looks like a scam. Someone remind me what in a keyboard commands such a price premium? Aside from mechanical keyboards being ridiculously loud with a key travel deeper than the Grand Canyon? IB

c123456

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
@kamen just a heads up... you've been lied to. USB will in fact support n-key rollover if the keyboard firmware supports it. If you want this look up tmk firmware (granted it only works on select keyboards, the n-rollover is not the reason).

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Yea, I would love to own a mechanical keyboard, but they are too expensive.
Thats what I thought. I just ordered the Rosewill RK-6000 though, and with 2 15ft USB extension cables and shipping, it was only $53 with the $10 off promo code. This is the cheapest mechanical keyboard I could find that seems legit and Im still kind of skeptical, but Im not paying $100 for a keyboard and I dont care how well made it might be.

mf Red

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Looks like a scam. Someone remind me what in a keyboard commands such a price premium? Aside from mechanical keyboards being ridiculously loud with a key travel deeper than the Grand Canyon? IB
brown keys have a 2mm key travel before they respond. They are also quiet compared to Blue/Red keys. Cherry MX keys also have 10m+ keystrokes they are supposed to last for. What are you talking about?

rrbronstein

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
I own a MaxKeyboard with a couple of custom color jobs, and it comes with FULL N-Key rollover, individual transistors for the lighting of each key, foam wrist rest, etc. Best keyboard I ever had. http://www.maxkeyboard.com/customize-keyboard.html
BRO! i have a max nighthawk brown switch with the green LED's. Its frickin awesome and gel wrist wrest is great, screw those plastic ones on the trigger and others.

nocturnal7x

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
I have a storm trigger, got it with the red keys did not like them. I loved the software though, best keyboard software I have used (logitech, CM and Razer). I replaced it with a black widow ultimate 2013, keyboard is nice but software is the worst trash I have ever used. They refuse to store the profiles on the board, razer used the stupid cloud...for a fucking keyboard FFS. I wanted the CM storm trigger with blue keys and they stopped making them. As soon as this new Trigger z is available I will be buying it. Great keyboards, great software. Fuck razer. Never again buying that trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.