Cooler Master MasterCase Maker 5t ATX Case Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it being worth the price ...

The front design limits water cooling options on top and if you gonna do something funky with the top-front, throw a hot-swap drive bay in there eliminating any user need for off-site backups or large file swaps w/i the need for USB cables and desktop clutter.

The filters look like those on Phanteks cases, and it emulates the Phanteks drive mount, fan and LED control systems also.

Don't get the whole "front cover" thing and the top cover design would appear to significantly reduce air flow.

As for cooling, 1st ... I'm used to seeing temps displayed in C so if it was 94C over ambient (say 23C), 117C seems crazy. If not, please put an F on that graphic like the dbA appears on the sound graphic. And 2nd, the $190 MSRP Enthoo Evolv is 20 C/ F) cooler and the $170 Luxe TG is $170 and its more fans / radiators.

The aesthetics of the floating panel versus flush will I expect vary by individual. It reminds me of the flared rear wheel wells on the Porshe 930. They kind of take away from symmetry but they kinda add a little touch of badass. I'd would have liked a necked screw w/ a bigger knurled know that was a "push turn-and-lock" style.

Windfeuer

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
i'm really confused.
IMHO the right panel is totaly useless, and support only 2 drives 3.5"(only me find absurd to PAY for accessories after 267 euros? really?)

with only the left glass panel and 3 or 2+3 3.5 drive slots I think would be more equilibrated

I hope they will sell the handle with other spare parts.
(sorry for any mistake i'm not english)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The pivot-down side panels are the entire reason I'd pick this over any other glass case I've tested. I hate messing with those side panel screws of other cases while NOT crossing my fingers that I won't drop the things because...if I crossed my fingers I'd drop the things :)

I need not worry that it's overly expensive, since I didn't pay for mine. But I can't give it any kind of award, mostly for all of the reasons you just pointed out. It's a good case for someone who doesn't really care about money, and I'm sure there are people who didn't actually earn their money who will like it.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
@Crashman

Can you please measure the case to see if it'll fit my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming G1)? It's labeled as an E-ATX mobo, but it's only 2cm longer/wider than standard ATX (30.5cm x 26.4cm vs ATX 30.5 × 24.4 cm). It looks like it'll only cover the cable cutouts a bit, but can you please check to see if anything else will get in the way?

Thanks!
-GWolfman

VinceN83

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
It's pretty much the same as the other Master Master Maker Maker something. Same shit with different colors and tempered glass. Overpriced POS. And seriously, can they do something about the product names? Whoever comes up with these has ZERO creativity.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

I forgot to mention that. The Maker 5t has 11.6" of motherboard mounting depth. That's an inch more than most of these falsely-labeled EATX boards. Or, as you would say, it supports boards that are 50mm wider than ATX, and most oversized enthusiast boards are only 25mm wider than ATX.

But I wouldn't begin with that, because those are approximations. ATX is a inch-based specification: Everything in millimeters is approximate.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007

Awesome, thanks for getting back to me on that; you're awesome! Sounds like it'll work perfectly. Now I only have to decide if I want to go big on this case (I have a $100 gift card to spend so I'm not out all my own cash--as you mentioned in the article) or go small/cheaper to match my gift card (something red/black. red/white, red/white/black to match the motherboard's color scheme).

I did see a mention that who cares about the right side panel (since you can't see much of anything inside anyways, but for me I unfortunately have to have my tower on the left side of my desk and the standard left side panel /window is blocked by a wall so it doesn't buy me anything. Having something extra (e.g., a window) on the right panel actually makes a difference in my situation. :D If anyone has any recommendations I'm open to them (following the color scheme noted above).

Ty!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

I haven't heard anything, but given the price I wouldn't be surprised if something pops up.

JocoCraft

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
@Crashman
Hi!

Soooo.... I will buy this case (preety much),
so could you help me with the Motherboard (since I need 4 usb 3.0 connectors and idk how many fan ports for the case) and I really don't know what to choose, here are my top pics, but I don't really know...
http://9gag.com/gag/aNdOnVw (my post)
If you would be willing to sudgest, I would prefer a well-known brand, such as Asus, Gigabyte or MSI, but not ASRock, because of bad experieance in the past.

Thanks, Joco

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

Each internal USB header supports two ports, and many mid-range and better motherboards have two USB 3.0 internal headers. The Gaming Pro Carbon has two USB 3.0 headers, the M5 does not.

JocoCraft

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for downvoting you, I am new to here and I did not mean to do that...

Thank you for helping; even my friend agrees this one is better, but please tell me if this one: MSI Z170A-G45 Gaming is any better. Thanks!

BTW: Does the MotherBoard have enough fan pins? I really, really want this case all working.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

I do not see two USB 3.0 headers on the G45.
The Gaming Pro Carbon has two USB 3.0 headers (supporting four ports) and five fan connectors, I think you're safe with it.

JocoCraft

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS