[SOLVED] Cooler Master MWE V2 850v Tier Classification?

orodruin

Honorable
Jan 23, 2019
I purchased the Coolermaster MWE 850 V2 80+ Gold Psu. Are the components of this power supply good quality?

I guess it is not in the Tier list published for power supplies. Can you give an idea?

As far as I know, components in power supplies also change in quality. My goal is to get ideas. I would be glad if you could help.

cooler-master-mwe-850w-80-gold-v2-2xeps-full-moduler-120mm-fanli-psu.jpg

Solution
I purchased the Coolermaster MWE 850 V2 80+ Gold Psu. Are the components of this power supply good quality?

I guess it is not in the Tier list published for power supplies. Can you give an idea?

As far as I know, components in power supplies also change in quality. My goal is to get ideas. I would be glad if you could help.

There's not a lot of info on this updated model. Cooler Master uses buzz words such as entry level and affordable which to me means they used cheaper parts to make it than one of the better models on the market. It also comes with 5 year warranty where most better gold rated models come...

There's not a lot of info on this updated model. Cooler Master uses buzz words such as entry level and affordable which to me means they used cheaper parts to make it than one of the better models on the market. It also comes with 5 year warranty where most better gold rated models come with 7-10 years warranty. You got a low budget gold model. I would not expect amazing performance or longevity from it. IMO, it would tier somewhere in the middle to lower middle, definitely not near the top.

Solution

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
It's in the tierlist under tier B, but the ( low priority units - minor issues or lack of info ) might be ripple issues under low load as the bronze has or just no reviews.

It's hard to use the tier list for buying recommendation, and it has many flaws as well. I don't recommend using it. But enough of that, that's for another topic. There is a review at eteknix of the 750W version, which is very similar to the 850 one https://www.eteknix.com/cooler-master-mwe-gold-750-v2-power-supply-review/8/

It's a good power supply, maybe around the same class as CWT GPS units such as Bitfenix Formula Gold and Thermaltake Toughpower GX1.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX