[SOLVED] Cooler Master NR200P AIO Orientation

Cem Goker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
Hello there! I will be building a new gaming PC tomorrow.

Specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600Mhz CL16 16GB(2x8GB) Black

GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 3070 V2 Gaming OC LHR

CPU Cooler: Fractal Design Lumen S24 240mm AIO

PSU: Cooler Master V SFX 750 Watts 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB Nvme SSD (for games), Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB( boot drive)

Case: Cooler Master NR200P Black

Initially, I wanted to mount the AIO using the side mounting rail that the NR200P comes with. But upon further research into the AIO, the pump is located in the radiator.

1. Will it be okay to mount the AIO at the bottom of the case and what would be a good placement for the tubes if I do go for the bottom AIO mount?

2. Since I am getting 2 NVMe SSD's, will the PCIE x16 slot on the motherboard be x8 only with the GPU installed? I read the online manual from Asus' website with no indication whatsoever regarding my query.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Solution
Yeah, these Pump-In-Radiator units are a bigger pain than they appear to be...
1)No, because now air will pool in the cpu block.
The problem with that? Well, the air will disrupt the transfer of heat going from the cold plate to the liquid, thus worse performance.

A side mount with the Lumen is going to be the best you can do here:
Top: For about the first few months(+/-) of use, this performs well, until the fluid level decreases enough, and then it's bad, as well as a pump killer.
Bottom: Pump will last for sure, but cooling performance will suck and slowly get worse as the fluid volume decreases.

2)No. It's x8 with one of their APUs(5600G) installed.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The problem with that? Well, the air will disrupt the transfer of heat going from the cold plate to the liquid, thus worse performance.

Top: For about the first few months(+/-) of use, this performs well, until the fluid level decreases enough, and then it's bad, as well as a pump killer.
Bottom: Pump will last for sure, but cooling performance will suck and slowly get worse as the fluid volume decreases.

Solution

Cem Goker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013

Hey Phaaze88, thanks for the reply. Looks like I will side mount the radiator afterall. For the tube orientation on the cpu block, should I keep it on the side or tubes down?