Review Cooler Master NR200P Max Review: Plain ITX Brilliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
How am I supposed to pick an ITX case for my next build when there are so many options? The NR200p was already on the list, but the max comes with a preinstalled and routed 280mm AIO and 850w PSU... That would probably take my build time from my usual 3-5 hours (because cables must be perfect) to 1.5-2.5. I guess it comes down to being able to live with a CM AIO and PSU. Their AIO's are typically pretty great, but their PSU are a cluster. When it releases I hope it comes with a modern designed CM PSU. Also, another potential negative would be having to potentially return all the parts if only 1 / 3 have any issues, which is rough to say the least...

rchris

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2014
Nice upgrade from the original NR200, but I'm disappointed they didn't add a USB3 Type C connector. The lack of that makes it seem outdated and is the reason I passed on the original.

PapaCrazy

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Price is ridiculous. With original NR200s going for less than $100, this is an increase of over 300%. Not seeing what justifies the new price, particularly since this is a mass-produced steel case.

Sep 11, 2021
Price is ridiculous. With original NR200s going for less than $100, this is an increase of over 300%. Not seeing what justifies the new price, particularly since this is a mass-produced steel case.

Given that the package comes with not just the case but an SFX PSU, AIO and a decent PICe riser cable, the price is pretty fair. Now just hoping I can pick this up somewhere in the UK..

Pollopesca

Reputable
Mar 19, 2021
Curious if this will ever be available without the PSU/cooler. I’m always warry of ITX cases that force you into their coolers/PSU. It tells me the engineers likely designed the case solely around their parts, so a cooler or PSU by another MFG might not fit. This could potentially be a problem should they eventually fail. That aside, if you already have a decent cooler/PSU, then this adds no value.

Status
Not open for further replies.