[SOLVED] COOLER MASTER Q300L MIC ISSUE

Mar 29, 2020
Hello,
So I recently built a pc in January and this has always been an issue but I've never gotten around to fixing it. My headphone jack in the back of the case works fine as I can hear the PC's audio output, however, the mic jack at the front of the case is not working properly. I also purchased a headphone splitter for mic and audio so that I can use my headphones for both mic and audio. I have been testing it in discord and skype with this splitter to try to get my mic to work but it will not. Nobody can hear me when I use discord and when I tested it out over skype, I was played back my mic's input and it played a high pitched buzzing noise. Please help!
(Side note: I am running Windows 10)
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Did you connect the front panel wiring to the motherboard, including the wiring for the sound inputs and outputs?

If they are connected to the motherboard front panel input/output pins and are connected to the correct pins, then it's possible you have a faulty front mini-board, which wouldn't be terribly surprising as I've seen a number of them that were faulty on brand new Cooler Master cases. If that is the case, then it is something Cooler master should be willing to replace. They've sent me several replacement front panel I/O assemblies in the past and they are generally replaceable on the cases.

More likely is either wiring OR it's possible it must be enabled in the advanced sound properties applet in Windows.
Did you connect the front panel wiring to the motherboard, including the wiring for the sound inputs and outputs?

If they are connected to the motherboard front panel input/output pins and are connected to the correct pins, then it's possible you have a faulty front mini-board, which wouldn't be terribly surprising as I've seen a number of them that were faulty on brand new Cooler Master cases. If that is the case, then it is something Cooler master should be willing to replace. They've sent me several replacement front panel I/O assemblies in the past and they are generally replaceable on the cases.

More likely is either wiring OR it's possible it must be enabled in the advanced sound properties applet in Windows.

Solution