Cooler Master's Monstrous V10 CPU Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have the V8 and it has done amazing things. But, for double the money, I don't think this is really worth the high price tag unless you want to do some intense overclocking.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
See... there is eh, cool, and then there is pushing it.. You know those women who get breast implants that make their breasts larger then basketballs? Yea, this is just like that, its pushing it. Sure it looks neat but cmon now..

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
WTF....Holy S*&# , I mean huh?

This thing is rediculas, I can think of many different models of high performance RAM that this thing wouldnt even clear.

Yea I kinda have to agree with he Boobs comment. But i think its more like a penis extension.

davidgbailey

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
ARGH! That's what I'm talking about. I love seeing manly components like this hit the market. I'm going to buy it just because it looks cool. I don't care how well it performs.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
I was waiting on this release, but I think I'll pass until the price drops. They've had another cooler like this that was just as big without all the plastic and the peltier, and I have two monsterous kaze (130cfm each) fans bolted to it, and it holds up just fine.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]DavidGBailey[/nom]ARGH! That's what I'm talking about. I love seeing manly components like this hit the market. I'm going to buy it just because it looks cool. I don't care how well it performs.[/citation]
Lol, there's a man with his head on straight.

StupidRabbit

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
this is crazy.. on newegg it says it weighs 1,2kg!! (2.6 pounds) i dont see how you could put this in a normal tower without ripping something off of the motherboard, let alone fit it inside.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I have huge P80 LianLi and the rather large Vigor MonsoonIII and it BARELY fits to the back of the case and touches the fins on my Corsair Dominators. It also actually touches the fins of the voltage regulator on the mobo and EVGA X58 for which I had to bend the fins slightly to keep pressure of them from the cooler. I don't see how this would fit on the majority of enthusiast boards who already have a collection of finned, heatsinked and fanned components in the way.

shugs

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
I have the V8 and it weights 870g about 2lbs and I don't have any problems with it on my ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe. Although there definately is a large difference regarding space left w/in the case. I just get the impression that the air flow is far from optimal with that cpu fan in its path.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
haha that is laughable massive! this is the first offical case where bigger isn't better.

Its too bad i read the article and didnt look at the pics till later, It sounded promising, i was almost excited. But there is just no way im placing a 2.5 pound heatsink on my MB unless they have some crazy massive backplate with it.

LOL Goodbye K&N!! I'm putting the CoolerMaster V10 in my car!!

That thing is seriously overkill in size. You'd have to remove the cooler anytime you want to add/remove memory sticks from what those pictures suggest. I thought my Xiggy was big...

Wonder how that thing performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.