CoolerMaster 212+ vs Corsair H70

BSG1977

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
I've been looking into a cooling solution for my FX-8350. Right now I have the Corsair H70 mounted on it and my idle temps range from 22c at idle and never max out above 52c at 100% load.

I was going to get the H80i to put on the FX-8350 and see if that would make a difference, I figure not much really. But cost is becoming an issue I can't have every computer with an expensive water cooling loop kit.

The H70 is in a Push+Pull configuration however these units can be noisy, but you get what you pay for an I knew that these would get loud.

The reason I ask is there any web site to show a comparison of temperatures related to both AMD and Intel's latest CPU's.

I build a lot of computers for clients, and when it comes down to it, a week after its built with the stock fan they call back wanting a 3rd party cooler I mention the Corsair models but like I said cost can be an issue. Spending up to 100$ for one while the other is not even 30$.

I recently upgraded one of my FX-8350's to the Corsair H80i and temps on that are mind blown low, I've seen it drop to 17c and stay there idle, and never surpass 38c at 100% and this time I ran Prime95 for the first time for 12 hours and it didn't budge above 40c ever. (Note: My computer room has central air conditioning, with a Window Unit A/C so the room is at a constant 73F.

My other FX-8350 has the H70. My AMD 1090t has a 212+ with one fan, temps on it with lm_sensors was idle at 32c and didn't go above 55c.

I even decided to use the left over 212+ for my Intel I7-870 as the stock fan was noisy. Temps dropped on it from a 45c idle, to 30c.

Not every client I have can afford the high end cooler and these are the only two I've ever used.

Should I keep referring clients to the water loop kit or have them save a few dollars?

Plus it would help if I could find a simple to understand web site that way I can explain it to future clients.

I don't overclock, neither do my clients. So no worrying about that.

Appreciate any help.

Solution
If no one overclocks, then I would say maybe go with 212 evo, it's not that much more expensive than the 212+ I believe, maybe just 1$ more or something. It's cheaper and opens up more room for putting money else where also in my opinion.

If no one overclocks, then I would say maybe go with 212 evo, it's not that much more expensive than the 212+ I believe, maybe just 1$ more or something. It's cheaper and opens up more room for putting money else where also in my opinion.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS