Coolermaster Case FAN got Really loud suddenly

Hawke45

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
All this time was really silent.. barely hear it..
its a 2000 RPM fan and i was really confused at first why it was so silent.
After i opened my case to replace an HDD. next power up the fan got REALLY LOUD.
i dont even know why

( i checked the cables,cleaned it, reinstalled it ) but nothing..
It just doesnt want to calm down.
Can you guys help me on what to do next that might lower the noise?
or what my causing the problem?

Solution
Great!
So I suppose now it's PWM controlled. So if your motherboard "thinks" that it needs more airflow, then it'll automatically run at the higher speeds.

Have a Great Day!
Axel.

Illuminations

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014
What fan is it? 3-Pin or 4-Pin? PWM? Was the fan plugged in correctly the first time?

A little more information, please. It'll really help.
You could also check your BIOS, in case you accidentally activated a turbo mode or something.

Thanks.

Hawke45

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
thanks for the reply.

ITs this one: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/sickleflow-120-2000rpm-blue-led/

I havent checked the bios ( i will when i get home ) but how can i activated turbo...i just installed a new HDD

makes me think if it was not running properly in the first time..like...20% speed or smth...but how can that be possible

now its just way too noisy..not as before..

Illuminations

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014
Well, in your BIOS, you can find, after some searching, profiles for your fans. Check them out.

Also, are they controlled by the motherboard? If so, they might have a turbo profile. Or, they we're not plugged in correctly before.

Good Luck!
Axel.

Hawke45

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
Hey man..I fixed it!.
Turns out my modular was giving full power to the fun making it run at Full Speed.
i connected the Fan on the motherboard and i got rid of the noise.I changed the setting to run on normal speed through bios