Question Coolermaster MASTERLIQUID LITE 240 issues

luknoj

Honorable
Jan 22, 2018
Hello

I bought the AIO around a year ago, and since then the cooler takes a quite a long time to startup. After each startup, I need to wait around 5 minutes for the AiO to cool the CPU. The temps often reach around 110C and nearly every time the PC will reset before the temps will go down. After it will "warm up" the temps are fine. What I've noticed is that the AiO runs fine when the temps in the room are higher, for example in the summer when it was around 30C outside the AiO didn't have to warm up.

My rig:
Ryzen 5 5600x
Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2

The AiO is connected to the CPU_FAN, didn't find anything that fits it better.
Are such behaviors normal for the AiO?

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to include an image of the case, the innards and how the AIO is oriented in said case. What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? If the AIO/pump block is hooked to the CPU_FAN header which header is the PWM fan splitter tethered to?

Hello

I bought the AIO around a year ago, and since then the cooler takes a quite a long time to startup. After each startup, I need to wait around 5 minutes for the AiO to cool the CPU. The temps often reach around 110C and nearly every time the PC will reset before the temps will go down. After it will "warm up" the temps are fine. What I've noticed is that the AiO runs fine when the temps in the room are higher, for example in the summer when it was around 30C outside the AiO didn't have to warm up.

My rig:
Ryzen 5 5600x
Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2

The AiO is connected to the CPU_FAN, didn't find anything that fits it better.
Are such behaviors normal for the AiO?
Check BIOS settings for CPU_FAN speed curve, maybe it's set for too low startup speed. Set it for full speed and see what happens. Also connect some other fan to same header and see if it starts immediately