Question CoolerMaster ML240L v2 RGB is not lighting up ?

uzikills

Honorable
May 8, 2017
Hey guys, I have my ML240L RGB connector plugged into the 4 pin RGB header on my Asus Z690 TUF D5 mobo. When I did a startup the RGB lights on both the cooling block and fans are not working. The fans are spinning and is being picked up on my BIOS. The cooling block is definitely working as well as I'm currently typing this on the PC. I installed the Armory Crate app with Aura but can't figure out how to turn on the RGB lights for this cooler. Anyone got an idea on how to?

Thanks

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
MAYBE the problem is in how a connection was set up. Control of the LIGHTS on this system can be done in either of two ways, but you only set up for ONE of those. IF you do NOT have a mobo header, there is a manual lighting control box with three buttons on it that you plug into the input line of the multi-header LIGHTING cable that feeds to all the fans' lighting connectors. To do that you need the little gender-changer 4-pin device between that box and the cable's female connector. Then you connect another cable with three arms that feeds power from a PSU output to the control box.

BUT you DO have a mobo 4-pin plain RGB header. So, do NOT connect that manual box, the gender adapter, or the power cable. Take the female connector on the end of that multi-headed lighting cable and plug that directly into the mobo RGB 4-pin header. You MUST turn this the right way! The connector has a marker on one end to indicate the +12 VDC connection point, and that MUST be lined up with the 12 VDC pin of the mobo header. ALSO, at EACH connection point between that cable's output socket and a fan's lighting cable, you MUST line up the identified ends of the connectors.

Once the connections are right, you must have the ASUS software app Aura Sync installed. You use that to set up how your lights work.