CoolerMaster Shows Off New Cooling Products at Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn, they need to put a low profile solution for HTPC's that is not a watercooler, lol.

Come on CM! I'm waiting for a low profile GeminII! That thing is amazing, but too high for my HTPC, lol.

Cheers!

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rubix_1011[/nom]Another boxed 'liquid cooler' for the masses. No thanks.[/citation]
are all your cars and airplane custom made also?
it's bad enough 99.95 % of the time it's user error, you want user error to come in contact with 500w-1200w?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]HopelessNoob[/nom]i just use my college box fan[/citation]

Why use a box fan when you can "borrow" two old car radiators from the junk yard and find a large industrial fan?

Sure, it's going to be loud and ugly, but who cares since the water's ambient temperature is going to be only around 1 C higher than the ambient room temperature.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]are all your cars and airplane custom made also?it's bad enough 99.95 % of the time it's user error, you want user error to come in contact with 500w-1200w?[/citation]

Apples and oranges. Custom computers are easilly affordable to anyone with a job, custom cars on other hand. Try again.

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
No point in these products when Intel are playing silly games with inferior CPU thermal interfaces probably to keep these cooling firms products selling.

buddhabelly34

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Too many people hating on those trying to enter the water cooling market. That segment needs some love too. I'm pretty sure that no body built their first computer with all the right parts, and I don't believe for a second that changes when you enter the water cooling segment of PC building.

Glad to see CM getting a, what looks to be, nice product out there for those going for that.

I personally see no reason to OC anything to the degree that would require water cooling but to each their own! Heck, with the performance of the i5-2400, it seems like OC'ing is becoming something to do solely for the fun of it; man is it awesome to see those crazy OC's on youtube.

[citation][nom]buddhabelly34[/nom]Too many people hating on those trying to enter the water cooling market. That segment needs some love too. I'm pretty sure that no body built their first computer with all the right parts, and I don't believe for a second that changes when you enter the water cooling segment of PC building.Glad to see CM getting a, what looks to be, nice product out there for those going for that.I personally see no reason to OC anything to the degree that would require water cooling but to each their own! Heck, with the performance of the i5-2400, it seems like OC'ing is becoming something to do solely for the fun of it; man is it awesome to see those crazy OC's on youtube.[/citation]

The reason for the hate is that really the all in one kits are no better than high-end air cooling. Depending on the brand sometime they perform no better than something like a Noctua D14 sometimes they don't even perform as good as high-end air cooling. They are a waste of money you would be better off with a high-end heatsink or doing a custom water loop.

buddhabelly34

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
[citation][nom]Rds1220[/nom]The reason for the hate is that really the all in one kits are no better than high-end air cooling. Depending on the brand sometime they perform no better than something like a Noctua D14 sometimes they don't even perform as good as high-end air cooling. They are a waste of money you would be better off with a high-end heatsink or doing a custom water loop.[/citation]
Yes, I am fully aware. As I stated "I'm pretty sure that no body built their first computer with all the right parts, and I don't believe for a second that changes when you enter the water cooling segment of PC building." I think you skimmed the post.

It's a starting point for people who have 0 idea how to do a custom water cooling system. I know that my first PC build was rife with mistakes, the least of which was cooling. I remember spending $120 on a case and $100 on a mobo, but spending the same on the CPU and GPU. Obviously that was an error. I corrected it later, but it was a starting point.

To say that these products shouldn't exist is excluding new people to the water cooling market. I doubt very seriously any of them believe that these all in ones are "the end all be all," but it does give them a jumping point. They have the possibility of recycling the parts when they figure out what the right way to do it is.

I don't mean to sound hostile, by the way, tone can be hard to decipher through text alone. I do agree that these are money-pits for most people. Though, so are custom water cooling solutions as they are about 2-3 times more expensive (than high end air) and do not yield that much more in terms of OC. Especially if your chip happens to be poor at OC.

buddhabelly34

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
^To add to that:
Usually those boxed water cooling solutions are about the same price as high end air, so if they perform similar there is no real issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.