Question CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120 .....or..... Arctic F12 / P12 as case fans ?

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
hope users of CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120 or Arctic F12/P12 can chip in as i will use them as case fans (1 intake + 1 exhaust)......i will likely get a 14cm fan as intake (CoolerMaster uses rifle bearing while Arctic uses fluid dynamics bearing)

right now i have 2 case fans (1 intake 12cm + 1 exhaust 12cm)........... i don't play games so no graphic card and CPU is of low power ............room temperature is about 30 degrees Celsius.........CPU is normally at 39 degrees Celsius (with spikes to 49 degrees Celsius)..........motherboard is always just under 40 degrees Celsius

my pc case has full-length vents on both sides of the front panel (front panel itself has no openings) + a mesh opening on the top cover

durability is my main concern (CoolerMaster uses rifle bearing while Arctic uses fluid dynamics bearing) but hope noise level not too high .

Lutfij

Titan
I've used Sickle Flow fans in the past, very noisy and there's a noticeable tick in the motor. Ae you looking at the RGB variant or the vanilla fans from CoolerMaster? Might want to mention your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

That being said, I'd advise on matching the front intake and the rear fans with the same make and model but then you might need to do some experimenting with temps and airflow setup since not all cases are designed the same.

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
I've used Sickle Flow fans in the past, very noisy and there's a noticeable tick in the motor. Ae you looking at the RGB variant or the vanilla fans from CoolerMaster? Might want to mention your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

That being said, I'd advise on matching the front intake and the rear fans with the same make and model but then you might need to do some experimenting with temps and airflow setup since not all cases are designed the same.

there's a difference between the RGB variant and the vanilla fans ?

i will go for the black version