[SOLVED] Cooler's RGB not working

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
Hi. I just got a Cooler Master MasterAir G200P, which is a low profile heatsink for the CPU. It comes with an RGB remote and cords and the pins and the molex. Everything is working fine except no lights at all. RBG Fusion from Gigabyte isn't working either but I guess that's because I don't have any sys fans hooked up to the motherboard, they are hooked into the power supply.

So, the instruction booklet for the cooler is showing me one cord going to the motherboard, the other to the remote. I put the one for the motherboard in the CPU fan spot. Should I put it in an RGB slot instead? I don't know anything about this RBG stuff but I did watch a few unhelpful videos.

mobo = Gigabyte Z490 UD AC
Case is an 11 year old IBUYPOWER that I've modified.
PSU = EVGA 550w that's about a year old

Solution
You might want to include images for the connectors, most often people misrepresent or label the connectors. The fan on the cooler is PWM, it's 4 pin and it can only go on the CPU_Fan header on the motherboard. The RGB device/controller on the other hand, needs to be connected to the RGB header on the board.

Follow the manual, page 14, for your motherboard and make sure you've connected the 4 pin RGB header to the board with the arrow on the 12v pin.

This video should help you out as well.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to include images for the connectors, most often people misrepresent or label the connectors. The fan on the cooler is PWM, it's 4 pin and it can only go on the CPU_Fan header on the motherboard. The RGB device/controller on the other hand, needs to be connected to the RGB header on the board.

Follow the manual, page 14, for your motherboard and make sure you've connected the 4 pin RGB header to the board with the arrow on the 12v pin.

This video should help you out as well.

Solution

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
Plugging into the LED C1 C2 w/ 12v slot worked, thank you.

The video guys go too fast - can I not use the remote until I have another RGB fan? I can't use it now, but it's not a big deal because Gigabyte Fusion works and it's easier anyway. I'm just curious, because I was doing what they were doing and it didn't work for me. One guy did mention a splitter though.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help!