[SOLVED] Cooling Advice for new i9-9900K

greggoodwin

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2013
greggoodwin.com
I am upgrading at the moment. I have always been under the impression that if you are not overclocking then cooling a CPU isn't a huge deal, but now I am reading the i9-9900K runs hot even without OC? I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and a CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 that I can potentially use. But now I am starting to worry enither of these will be enough.
Any suggestions on what I need to do? Right now I have a CORSAIR CARBIDE 100R Mid-Tower Case which doesn't have a ton of room for a H150I PRO or anything. Do I need to get a bigger case and get a bigger cooler?
Thanks for reading!
TLDR: Will a 212 Evo or H60 work for a i9-9900K?

Solution
360mm AIO or custom loop really is the only way to go with a 9900K - I applaud you for your choice there!

Some people underestimate the heat this thing can put out.
240mm and high end air coolers don't cut it - 280mm CAN work, but it needs to work harder than 360mm does... but if the app uses AVX, I would rule even 280mm out.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
360mm AIO or custom loop really is the only way to go with a 9900K - I applaud you for your choice there!

Some people underestimate the heat this thing can put out.
240mm and high end air coolers don't cut it - 280mm CAN work, but it needs to work harder than 360mm does... but if the app uses AVX, I would rule even 280mm out.

Solution