Cooling and case pressure HELP!

Dec 26, 2018
Hi there,

Recently I brought a cooler master master box lite 5 RGB and now feel as if I am having some temperature issues as my pc randomly shut off last night which might have indicated an increased temperature inside the case ( I didn’t see the actual temperature). I am running an AMD FX 8350 cpu with the stock cooler and want to buy an AIO coolermaster ml240l rgb cooler and mount it on the top front two fans of the case. Il keep the two fans on both sides of this radiator but will this cause the fans them selves to possibly burn out because of high strain and little amount of airflow from outside of the front of the case as the air slots are small? And would this AIO actually increase air flow or not?

I also don’t know a whole lot about case pressure but by having 5 fans blowing in from the front of the case and one exhaust fan will this Cause a problem?

My specs:

CASE: CM Masterbox lite 5 RGB
CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: Nitro+ RX570 8GB
RAM:HYPERX fury red 2x8 1866
MB: ASUS m5a99fx pro 2.0
HDD: WD Blue EZEX
SDD: Corsair Force LE 240GB
CPU COOLER: CM ML240L RGB

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated, thanks :)

Solution

2 fans only on one side. preferably as an intake and the top back fan as an exhaust

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
No. You won't ever have a fan strain enough to burn out from too high or too low pressure. Even the slots where the PCI-E goes has too many holes.
Positive Pressure = More Dust, Cooler, but when you build up that dust, it will affect temps.

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013

2 fans only on one side. preferably as an intake and the top back fan as an exhaust

Solution