Cooling concerns

larrys640

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
I am building a Video editing Tower. I have an Antec P183 V3, PNY Quadro VCQ4000, ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe MOBO, i7 2600K CPU, 16 Gig of GSkill 1600 RAM, 750W PSU, 4x 2TB WD Black HDs, 2x DVD-RWs, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty card w/ I/O. I am concerned about the Quadro running hot and, being positoned in the #1 PCI-E x16 socket, overheating the CPU. Any suggestions for CPU cooling, while maintaining a quiet tower? I will also need to add a fan before the 4 HDs in the lower filtered air intake.

Solution
The Quadro shouldn't have any heating issues with that case. As for the CPU, I highly recommend the Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooling Fan, it's not very loud, and provides top-tier cooling. However, the fan is pretty huge, you must make sure that the case will fit before using it. An easier, and quieter solution would be using a liquid cooling solution such as the Corsair Hydro series. However, I've heard that their performance doesn't match the Noctua NH-D14. Good luck :)

T-Rex

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
The Quadro shouldn't have any heating issues with that case. As for the CPU, I highly recommend the Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooling Fan, it's not very loud, and provides top-tier cooling. However, the fan is pretty huge, you must make sure that the case will fit before using it. An easier, and quieter solution would be using a liquid cooling solution such as the Corsair Hydro series. However, I've heard that their performance doesn't match the Noctua NH-D14. Good luck :)

Solution