Question Need help with no display on old Apple monitor.

MajorPager

Prominent
Aug 8, 2023
Hello all, I'm back after obtaining an Apple II GS for a deal of a lifetime! $2. What a nice garage sale find am I right?
AGV_vUf1NoOLtRAXOiYtl-8YrDNvxjxdNAdYmzfyMD_jlVE2uuB1EqJ_xHakET7tbBRy0Np4qqJUeyc5xeaQ1x2hAebqgsMAUYaATDkFoTaFVYMYrb0oG9eDKKU49Ris04Xq4ekp7DctduRSCoNTxwlpbMf5qq4PSlc=nw

Gave it a good deep clean and it looks good as new!

AGV_vUeAtJsY_iilAcERBkd9p1gQQ7o0OgGKGsuqwWk_EqsUyJ2db5-vjAR4Fh6cS_XwH7QCbYp4C9c4kM-Hvj1rG7zsh2QrDujlXm4UHFMcOce_D_KtkhcLClNYHWeI95Og6erPPIia-Q6oHILOlQ-lGSvnEWJBe4s=nw

Here is the model of the monitor. I turned the unit on, which everything works, except the screen doesn't display anything. Opened the case and noticed some rust on some of the solder joints, could it be shorting out? Could it be a bad video cable? I thought the tube was bad as literally nothing pops up on screen, not even any brightness, so if possible how would I get the old tube out?

AGV_vUcuO7NAR33Ft65FdJYvTbiGznEyJ0Qv1idTZnPbXkVAq5VaQ-08X7x8q68cu8FvCsNau2cVHDpeQLASzWyHXf1Jyt8WfBhwQIrLtb57ofPUdhUShwcEVLAdvivlEcCfolTfiGMuTsegs_8PEiteyJ-qjHOKAR4=nw

Also wondering if a little corrosion here does anything bad, didn't notice anything when I tested the unit, but you never know.

Last edited: