Question Cooling Configuration Question - Phanteks Enthoo Pro M

g-unit1111

Titan
So I'm interested in replacing my tower cooler with an AIO but I'm limited to getting a 280mm because of the fact that I still use and require a BD-R drive for this PC. My thought is that I would side-mount the radiator and then install a couple of downward facing 140mm fans in the top bay to offset the push / pull configuration. A side mounted 280mm radiator is possible because the plate where the bottom fan is can be removed.

I was told that was possible because of the way my BD-R burner is situated because it should be mounted at the top. But I've seen other configurations that have side-mounted radiators. The question I have is - Is that even remotely feasible? Is there another solution I could take that would allow me to install an AIO? I'm interested in something like the Corsair H115i w/LCD or the Asus Ryujin II.

BjhYqGF.jpg

I don't know if a 280 aio is going to be much different than your current cooler. That looks like a big one with 140 fans on it already. Pretty much if you look at the tests they do a quality air cooler can do as well as AIO. You need to 360 or 480 to see a larger difference.

g-unit1111

Titan
I don't know if a 280 aio is going to be much different than your current cooler. That looks like a big one with 140 fans on it already. Pretty much if you look at the tests they do a quality air cooler can do as well as AIO. You need to 360 or 480 to see a larger difference.

I'm more interested in getting rid of the tower because it takes up such a large amount of case real estate. And I'm also interested in getting one of the coolers that has an LCD on it like the Corsair or Asus coolers.