Cooling Directions for New High End Rig

Dimitris Kiriakou

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
Hello.
First of all sorry for my English,its not my native language.

In a couple of days i will buy this parts

Case: Corsair Carbide 200R
CPU: AMD FX 8350
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Boost OC
PSU: Corsair CX750M or Antec TP-750C
HDD: 1x Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" SATA ???
RAM 2x 4G DDR4 SDRAM

This will be my first PC built rig and i would like some suggestions over the cooling procedure, how to perform the best intake/exhaust and what type and how many fan coolers may i need for my new PC.

As far as i know, hot air, tends to go up, and cooler air stays in the bottom, of the case. So maybe i need to create an air flow that starts from the front right bottom, installing one fan, pulling (intake) cool air from outside the case and another one at the upper left back section, pushing (exhaust) the hot air out of the case.

Considering my theory right, i am thinking to buy the CoolerMAster Hyper 212 EVO but since this cooler its huge and i dont have a clear image about this case, i dont know where to put it, in the front or in the back?

Thanks in advance

Solution
Cool air from the front and/or bottom and hot air out the top and/or back.
It looks like that case comes with two fans. One in the front blowing inward toward the motherboard and one in the back blowing out of the case.

The entire top of the case is open where either fans or a radiator could be installed. There are also mounting places for fans on the side cover.
If you were to use either of these, the fans on top should be blowing upward and the fans on the side should be blowing inward.

The Hyper 212EVO will sit where ever your CPU is. It mounts directly on the CPU. You would mount it with the fan(s) blowing from the front of the case through the heat sink to the back of the case.

kanewolf

Titan
Cool air from the front and/or bottom and hot air out the top and/or back.
It looks like that case comes with two fans. One in the front blowing inward toward the motherboard and one in the back blowing out of the case.

The entire top of the case is open where either fans or a radiator could be installed. There are also mounting places for fans on the side cover.
If you were to use either of these, the fans on top should be blowing upward and the fans on the side should be blowing inward.

The Hyper 212EVO will sit where ever your CPU is. It mounts directly on the CPU. You would mount it with the fan(s) blowing from the front of the case through the heat sink to the back of the case.

Solution

That mobo does NOT support DDR4!

4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 2133(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz ECC, Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture

* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* Due to OS limitation, when installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Install a 64-bit Windows® OS when you want to install 4GB or more memory on the motherboard.
* Due to CPU spec., AMD 100 series CPUs support up to DDR3 1066MHz. With ASUS design, this motherboard can support up to DDR3 1333MHz.

Asus Specs: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A99X_EVO_R20/specifications/

Yogi