[SOLVED] Cooling down my GPU further

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
Hi guys i recently bought a Asus ROG Strix RX 570 which i am enjoying for most games i was playing i am able to play them now on high settings to ultra and just today i was using the AMD Link on my phone to keep an eye on my GPU temps and noticed while playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Sniper Elite 4 when playing on high/very high i was getting temps up to 83c and of course for SottR i lowered some settings and Sniper Elite 4 i mainly turned down shadows and AA which that lowered the temps to the low 70's so my main question is (even though my case only supports 3 120mm fans) if i was to buy something like a 60mm or 90mm fan and have that almost on my GPU would that make it run a lot cooler because i would like to go back on the settings i was playing on but also would like to be in the high 60's low 70's as well.
Also just like to point out this is the case i am using which i sort of regret getting and wished i got one that would of had at least 5 fans to install https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119324

Solution
Add a fan curve to your RX570 to lower the load temps.
I believe you have limited airflow with the Rosewill fans you are running , they max out at 1200rpm and have only 32 CFM which is low.
Since your case can only take 3 fans , I suggest you upgrade the 3 fans to higher rpm and CFM fans.
For example the Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 hit a max of 2000rpm and 69 CFM and they are not very expensive and you will notice a big difference. Another plus is that they will suit your coolermaster case. :)
Depends on your budget really, but the Rosewill fans are quite weak in my opinion.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103060

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013

Well there was 2 things i was thinking of doing which one is buying a smaller fan to help push air on the sides instead or just buy this case https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811853064 so i honestly don't know what i should be doing cause soon i will be getting Resident Evil 2 which i am dying to play but i don't want the game to look ugly if you know what i mean.

Go to the rog site search republic of gamers or
The asus site for your gpu it should have the drivers and utility for that card. It may be on the disk if it came with the card.
And look for gpu tweaker or how ever they named it.
Check whether it works on amd's
If so find the fan curve settings,
Set fans to come on sonner and higher rpm.
Thus will help kept the heat down.
That gpu tweaker is a free download.
You can still add a fan and buy the case.

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013

First thing i usually do is download Asus GPU Tweak II and when gaming now i have the fans running at 80% but i just don't like it being loud if you know what i mean.
One thing i was thinking of was adding a single fan closer to my GPU which in the image you will see what i mean just the fan i used in the image is an old dead one but i keep it around with me cause it was my first LED fan i have ever used
0d589ae668e0c624a7b642c9a2c67918.jpg

Also i bought a 4 pack of Rosewill ROCF-13001 120mm fans just because originally before i bought the RX 570 i was using a GTX 1050 Ti which of course for most of the games i was playing with that card were not that demanding and i would of gotten an average of 68c so really i am thinking with some twist ties do a make shift fan holder to hold up one of the fans and see if that would solve things.
Like to note as well that the GPU has a 4 pin fan connector as well so i might just try using that for the power needed.

Looks like your front panel case fans are already sufficiently close to your GPU. Don't bother with adding another fan halfway between them, it won't help.

What monitor do you have?

Unlike Nvidia, AMD gives you all the tools you need in their driver software.
No need to install 3rd party apps. You can make your GPU cooler just by using AMD Settings and AMD WattMan.

AMD Settings - enable Frame Rate Target Control or Chill (depending on whether or not you have a FreeSync monitor)

AMD WattMan - set manual voltage curve (undervolting).

monsta

Splendid
Add a fan curve to your RX570 to lower the load temps.
I believe you have limited airflow with the Rosewill fans you are running , they max out at 1200rpm and have only 32 CFM which is low.
Since your case can only take 3 fans , I suggest you upgrade the 3 fans to higher rpm and CFM fans.
For example the Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 hit a max of 2000rpm and 69 CFM and they are not very expensive and you will notice a big difference. Another plus is that they will suit your coolermaster case. :)
Depends on your budget really, but the Rosewill fans are quite weak in my opinion.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103060

Solution

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013

See this is why i am thinking of adding a 4th fan as a mod to have it closer to my GPU which i mainly showed as an example with an image i posted so i just wanted to know really by doing that would it cool it down better.