Cooling Gets Creative

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]arlandi[/nom]when the rig on picture 24 turned on, must be sounded like a loud vacuum cleaner running on full speed!!! that's insane!! hahahahaha!btw, great reading Tuan Nguyen![/citation]

Thanks arlandi - glad you enjoyed it :)

terrornoize

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]I updated the page talking about your build and linked to your Stage 5 gallery of your project on Flickr. I think you did an awesome job on it really. / Tuan[/citation]

Thank you!:)

[nom]v12v12[/nom]Unfortunately whoever de(mis)signed that cooling loop knows little about what they are doing. 90° bends KILL flow. Unless he's running an industrial pump with a huge head rating (usually more important that max unrestricted flow), it's going to be no more effective than a simple Heatpipe HSF. Bends, 90°, small diameter tubing etc = all lead to slow flow, a stressed pump = loud as heck. It's a work of "art," at best, uber high maintenance with LEAK potential, and bacterial infection of the water (if he's not using a pre-mix or bactericidal). Trust me, when it comes down to water cooling Vs Air = Water will win ONLY when you KISS it: Keep It Simple Stupid! Bends and shit and fancy connections and all that crap = eye candy = underperforms Vs high end Air, or a less complex flow path design. Nice looking, performs like mid-level air at best. And prob is a BISH to drain/bleed properly.[/citation]

I believe he is indeed running some industrial pumps not 100% on this tough.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Good show ,looks to me like some people 'ave more money than brains,still different strokes etc,and "the mother lode" ROTFLMAO,as ever it is always interesting to see others creativity/mechanical talents at work...:)

skythra

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2007
[citation][nom]v12v12[/nom]Unfortunately whoever de(mis)signed that cooling loop knows little about what they are doing. 90° bends KILL flow.[/citation] The few 90degree bends in that system run parrallel to other currents so the only flow will be that one line. They were design restrictions based on motherboard layout and unavoidable. [citation]Unless he's running an industrial pump with a huge head rating (usually more important that max unrestricted flow)[/citation]Proving that you didnt even read or look at the link before you started slandering. Yes he has dual pumps in parrallel. [citation]it's going to be no more effective than a simple Heatpipe HSF. Bends, 90°, small diameter tubing etc = all lead to slow flow, a stressed pump = loud as heck.[/citation]Not really, i know its beyond your comprehension, but if you have several flows running in parrallel (not serial) then if one is causing congestion then it will only affect the pressure on that one line. ie flow on that one line will be restricted but nowhere else. [citation]It's a work of "art," at best, uber high maintenance with LEAK potential[/citation]he has actually got a 'leak' indicator and it doesnt leak. Actually if you read the posts that explain it you would see why. [citation]and bacterial infection of the water (if he's not using a pre-mix or bactericidal)[/citation] What are you tripping on your own ego here or what? Youre dissing him in a contingancy? You dont know something so you slander it to boost your ego but qualify yourself by adding some brackets? Youre a jerk. [citation]Trust me, when it comes down to water cooling Vs Air = Water will win ONLY when you KISS it: Keep It Simple Stupid! Bends and shit and fancy connections and all that crap = eye candy = underperforms Vs high end Air, or a less complex flow path design.[/citation] Actually there is nothing but function there. The form you see is a result of a lot of function. Proving once again you did in fact not even read or look at the pictures before commenting. [citation]Nice looking, performs like mid-level air at best. And prob is a BISH to drain/bleed properly.[/citation] Again - with a 50% overclock at 100% load he's running numbers which are in the 50's. Your entire post was invalidated by your own huge epenis shriveling at someones work. I dont know what kind of person takes it as a challenge when someone makes something great, but you seem to have done exactly that. You are miserable and your contributions are nothing but masturabatory aids (ill qualify in brackets too: Im calling you self serving).

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I especially liked the cube case w/wheels. I was actually looking for something like that for a project, and you just solved my problem. Thanks!

And I have a suggestion: What about having a contest for people to build a new, and most unique PC setup? Not ones already out there, it needs to be new. Just a thought.

G

Hey i have an idea. How about making a pc case with hollow walls? . Put a hole in the upper internal part of caseand another one in its lower internal part. Then add the tubes. Ok making long story short, use the whole case as a radiator. The case would end just a litle chubby.
The liquid heated by the componentes would go inside the hollow walls of the case through the lower hole. There, the liquid would cool up and get out of the inside of the walls through the upper hole to coole the components again. I think this wouldnt even need a pump. Or maybe it would, but just to start the water flow.
One of the things i dont like about water cooling is the need of a radiator. This idea could be implemented in order to make the radiator unecessary.
Sorry if ne one else had this idea first.

[citation][nom]curnel_d[/nom]Lol, is the last picture an OEM coolermaster with the sticker ripped off? If I'm not mistaken, they came in alot of branded 754 machines at the time.[/citation]

nope - the clip for the socket, and the machined lip underneath makes it a socket A/426 HSF, and looks likda like the duron 900 hsf's (poor first gen ones that got hot and the fans got noisy after a while), plus it looks to be a 6cm fan design, 7cm tops.

G

Actually, this comment is actually about the actual use of the word "actually" in the actual Orgasmatron portion of the article, actually.

rfox911

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I like the zalman resarator the best personally. Its sleek and looks like a huge external hdd. Now the orgasmatron.... NO THANK YOU that thing is hideous and should be black or green

Status
Not open for further replies.