[SOLVED] Cooling i5-10600k

Oct 29, 2020
Every single site I look at says something different and I’m going insane. I’ve narrowed the build out except for cooling the CPU. I plan to OC, but just want to know can an air cooler handle it or should I go liquid. I personally would like to avoid liquid, but I’d much rather not have my CPU cooking.

Solution
Every single site I look at says something different and I’m going insane. I’ve narrowed the build out except for cooling the CPU. I plan to OC, but just want to know can an air cooler handle it or should I go liquid. I personally would like to avoid liquid, but I’d much rather not have my CPU cooking.
Yes, an air cooler can handle it. You, your chassis, and your ram are ok with the larger models out there?
View: https://imgur.com/YwqWtBb

^Power tables for 10th gen.

Scythe FUMA 2
Deepcool Assassin 3
Noctua NH-D15S(finally in black!)
Just naming a few.
Air coolers are often better at heat transfer than liquid coolers. You can be fine with an air cooler as long as it's a good one. I'd suggest one of the Noctuas...something like an NH-U12A or D15. U12S probably won't cut it

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, an air cooler can handle it. You, your chassis, and your ram are ok with the larger models out there?
View: https://imgur.com/YwqWtBb

^Power tables for 10th gen.

Scythe FUMA 2
Deepcool Assassin 3
Noctua NH-D15S(finally in black!)
Just naming a few.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Solution