Question Cooling Setup for Coolermaster NR400 + 240 AIO

Hypoltan

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
Trying to help someone find optimal fan setup with the micro atx cooler master nr400 case and the enermax 240 AIO. The case comes with two pre-installed fans, one in the front and one in the rear, the "clean" side facing out on the front fan and facing in on the rear, which I presume has them currently configured with one as intake and one as exhaust, in the front and rear respectively.

I'm guessing the best choice would be having the two stock fans in the top and rear as exhaust, along with the radiator and AIO in front as intake. Not sure though because definitely am not an expert.

Thanks!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Do they intend to keep the optical drive bay?

If no, I would suggest the two stock fans as front intake, and the Rad mounted at the top with fans exhausting through

If they plan to keep the ODD, then your proposed front mounted intake Rad + top & rear exhaust is probably the best route to go.

Hypoltan

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
Do they intend to keep the optical drive bay?

If no, I would suggest the two stock fans as front intake, and the Rad mounted at the top with fans exhausting through

If they plan to keep the ODD, then your proposed front mounted intake Rad + top & rear exhaust is probably the best route to go.
Did not keep the ODD, in fact already removed it. Fan setup sounds good, though what are the advantages of having the two stock as intake and the rad as exhaust?
Thanks for the help, really appreciated.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Greater airflow.
With two intake in the front, you have one lower, that'll somewhat feed the GPU will fresh air. Combined, they should be sending cool air across the board/VRMs etc.

Hot air rises naturally, so the Rad on top exhausting will assist in moving that air. Likely slightly warmer CPU temps than the rad as intake with cool air, but should still be perfectly acceptable temps - and the GPU benefits.

Reactions: Hypoltan