copy/paste problem between hard drives and more....

G

On windows 7 64bit or windows 10 64 bit both fresh install, all legitimate software
etc

- transfer of files (copy paste) between hard drive to usb device not always working right, sometimes losing data, must push F5 key to refresh the folder so that the files appears, same thing with transfer of files (copy paste) between hard drives, if I don't push F5 it will be lost or corrupted

- Saving files while working (example: Blender 3D) is not always working,
sometimes losing data or must push F5 key to refresh the folder so that the file
appears and saved correctly

- Keyboard or mouse not always functional at login screen and sometimes I double click on a usb device and it's not opening or it take a long while for the files to appear (problem partially corrected by disabling energy save for usb ports)

- like I said, I have tried fresh install on win 7 or 10, tried a different antivirus
(Bitdefender or Microsoft), changed the main hard drive from Kingston SSD to
Samsung SSD, tested all the hard drive with their own software, no errors,
tested 2 times my memory without any errors, checked my VRam no errors, stress tested my
cpu with intel software no errors, my video card with software etc.

-Asus suspected a corrupt bios and suggested that I "re-flash" my bios and I did it. My bios reset itself when I insert or remove my graphic card, I don't remember that happening with nvidia

- The usb problems have pretty much always been there, but the copy/paste problem seem to have started after the purchase of a radeon r9 380 from gigabyte in January . I use to have nvidia and I don't remember have a copy/paste problem.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Hardware:
- Asus H87-plus rev:c2 latest bios
- Intel i7 4770 3.4 Ghz
- Kingston KVR16N11S8K2/8 (2 times = 16Gb)
- Samsung ssd 850 evo
- 2X WD 1To
- Asus DVD-RW/BD (BC-12b1st b)
- Gigabyte R9-380 (GV-R938WF2-4GD)
- Power supply Cooler Master V750

Please excuse my english if it's wrong, french is my first language

popatim

Titan
how sure are you the files are corrupting if you dont refresh?
This 'unresponsiveness' has always occurred to me on large transfers even to the point of getting 'this device is no longer responding' messages but if I waited it would eventually finish just fine. But this is one of the reasons I use Richcopy instead of explorer/my computer and if its a copy job I do repeatedly then I setup a task in Synctoy

G

Thank you for taking time to read and giving advice, if it would be only on win 7 or only win10 I would consider it, but it as happened with usb stick, external hard drive, internal hard drive, files big or small on both of them, and saving files too. That is why I am seriously kongfuse (confuse).... :??:

For the file being corrupted, maybe I should have used a different term, let's say that I have worked for 4 hours and saved every 10 min, I close my program, backup my file, come back later, open the file, and it is like I did not work at all. Go get my backup file, same thing, lost 4 hours of work. After that I use my second screen to keep an eye on the file being saved and I see that nothing is changing. I remember double clicking on it was like nothing was saved or giving me an error(I assumed that the file is corrupted), but if I pushed F5, then the file change in explorer and if I open the file now it's ok.

G

There will be a motherboard replacement. Asus, thinking that is was a corrupted bios, first asked me to re-flash it with the most recent version(it was already the latest version). And told me that if it did not work, to reset the board etc... So anyway after that because I still had a problem with the bios, so they will exchange it.

G

Thanks Grobe, like I wrote, I have already tried that 2 times with the latest Memtest86+ and no errors, I also stress tested it and no problems. I should get a motherboard replacement from Asus. If the bios was corrupted and gave me trouble even if I re-flashed it and reset it, I will look no further. Before they told me that they wanted to replace it, I tried to re-flash an old version of the bios. At first it looks ok, but I did not have time to make more test, and frankly I am fed up of testing everyday :pt1cable:

Have a good week!!!

JF