[SOLVED] Copying TB's of files: Fast but slow to a halt if not actively using the pc.

128MB

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
Im transferring my entire life's worth of media (from old internal sata drives) onto my Thecus nas with 4x3tb wd red pro and get a steady 90MB/s.
that halts to 1MBps after a minute ? If I move the mouse again it shoots back up to 90MBps ?

I cant keep using my pc for 3 days straight just to keep the pc busy and the transfer rate high.
My energy plan is set to high performance.

Solution
Im transferring my entire life's worth of media (from old internal sata drives) onto my Thecus nas with 4x3tb wd red pro and get a steady 90MB/s.
that halts to 1MBps after a minute ? If I move the mouse again it shoots back up to 90MBps ?

I cant keep using my pc for 3 days straight just to keep the pc busy and the transfer rate high.
My first thought would be to check your background tasks. It could be indexing or virus scan causing your performance to drop. Those type tasks use the lack of user input to initiate their processing.

kanewolf

Titan

My first thought would be to check your background tasks. It could be indexing or virus scan causing your performance to drop. Those type tasks use the lack of user input to initiate their processing.

Solution