[SOLVED] Core Clock all over?

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
So I have a water cooled RTX 2080 from EVGA. About 7 months ago when i built my system and installed MSI Afterburner and put an OC on the card the core clock would stay a constant 1515 mhz when just "idle". I did a reinstall of windows on a new nvme m.2 and wiped everything clean from the existing drives (which took WAY longer than expected but it worked).. Now the "Core Clock" and "Usage %" bounce all over from CC going to 300 at idle all the way up to full bore which is 2070 mhz. Is that normal? Or was the way it was before with a higher CC at idle normal?

Solution
When you reinstalled Windows and the clean install of the drivers, it returned everything to default, aka, the balanced power plan and other power saving features enabled.
It's simply clocking down to save power - it boosts back up when it's being used.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
When you reinstalled Windows and the clean install of the drivers, it returned everything to default, aka, the balanced power plan and other power saving features enabled.
It's simply clocking down to save power - it boosts back up when it's being used.

Reactions: sobakowa19
Solution

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
so its ok or normal like that? thanks for the quick response