Question Core i5 2500 high temperature !

May 5, 2019
Hello Guys! I hope y'all doing great Well i am worried about my Core i5 2500 for having high temps while gaming about 98 °C and idle it is above 50 °C. Is it okay to have these temps as i live in hot city where the outside temperature is 43 °C and room temperature is above 30 °C . I am running the stock cooler on CPU and if it is a big problem then how can i solve that matter at low cost Thanks

Last edited:
Stock cooler is not good enough to handle cpu in high load with such high ambient temps but you shouldn't be hitting 98C. Stop using the pc. Remove the heatsink, clean the cooler from old paste and re-apply new thermal paste. Make sure cpu fan is spinning. If this doesn't solve the issue, go for an aftermarket heatsink targeting 95 watts cpus

Reactions: ShiroYashaX10

YT-CTECH

Great
May 5, 2019
www.youtube.com
Hello Guys! I hope y'all doing great Well i am worried about my Core i5 2500 for having high temps while gaming about 98 °C and idle it is above 50 °C. Is it okay to have these temps as i live in hot city where the outside temperature is 43 °C and room temperature is above 30 °C . I am running the stock cooler on CPU and if it is a big problem then how can i solve that matter at low cost Thanks
Recommend getting this! https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste...o&qid=1557134007&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1 it keeps my mates Ryzen 5 2609 at low temps when playing cs:go rust etc

May 5, 2019
Thank you very much for help i will first try reapplying the thermal compound then if thay doesn't work for me i will change the stock heat sink with cooler master 212