core i5 4200m/ ram underperforming

lock.aaron

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Hello, I recently attempted to get back into gaming after a long hiatus. I purchased a alienware laptop off CL with a core i-5 4200m that is not doing do well. Ran a benchmark test and it was in the 2 percentile with a 12.3 score. I also notifced the RAM didn't perform super hot either. Just looking for any advice as to why it would be performing so poorly. I checked the core temps they will be anywhere from 52-59 deg C. Anything Helps, Thanks!

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/4991977

Solution
look at the vendor spec for the laptop. then run crucial memory advisor and cpu-z to read the ram. with cpu-z it may read the ram at 1/2 speed. (known bug). with laptops if it has just onboard video some of the system ram is used by it. if it has 4g of ram i would go with 8g or more.
Well it is not the fastest CPU you got, also which GPU do you have? If you only have the onboard Intel GPU then that will be the primary reason for low FPS. You got to remember that laptop CPUs from this generation are in general a lot slower than their desktop cousins.

look at the vendor spec for the laptop. then run crucial memory advisor and cpu-z to read the ram. with cpu-z it may read the ram at 1/2 speed. (known bug). with laptops if it has just onboard video some of the system ram is used by it. if it has 4g of ram i would go with 8g or more.

Solution