Core i5, Core i7, CrossFire, And SLI: Gaming Paradise, Redux?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerobernardo

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
Chris

I am sorry if I forgot any of your reviews, but in this particular article you claim that the HD might limit framereates specially on Crysis. I've seen that you solve this by using intel's SSD, but do you have anything showing the direct impact of using or not a SSD on a gaming rig? Is this trully needed (or will be needed in a short time)?

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]anonymous x[/nom]I like vista, rock solid and stable since I got it years ago. Don't listen to the bashers who never have tried the product.[/citation]

Tried it... still sucks compared to XP, Vista..... and probably even Windows 2000. Windows 7 is great so far!

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Tried it... still sucks compared to XP, Vista..... and probably even Windows 2000. Windows 7 is great so far![/citation]
Win 2k owns xp in anything but boot time, and windows 7 owns vista in anything at all. Some aspects of xp are better than vista or win 7, but in general the only drawback of vista and win 7 are unfamiliar looks and slightly more complicated mangement systems (from a network administrators point of view). Nothing too bad though, as xp sp3 introduces a lot of the same hindrances as vista and win 7 produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.