[SOLVED] Core i7 10710U or 9750H?

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Hey guys!

So I see both of these CPUs have 6c/12t and both have the same amount of cache size. The 10710U scores noticeably lower on benchmarks but it is less power hungry which could be a benefit. It has a bit higher maximum frequency by default compared to the 9750H. What I am thinking is that maybe dismissing that extra performance that the i7 9750H brings is not a bad decision.

What do you think?
What's the the right GPU which 10710U will not bottleneck?
Is the i7 10710U powerful enough to be paired with an external GPU like RTX 2060 via Thunderbolt Type-C in case the thermals are OK?

Oh, that wasn't a single question, sorry.
Have fun

Last edited:
Solution
Hey guys!

So I see both of these CPUs have 6c/12t and both have the same amount of cache size. The 10710U scores noticeably lower on benchmarks but it is less power hungry which could be a benefit. It has a bit higher maximum frequency by default compared to the 9750H. What I am thinking is that maybe dismissing that extra performance that the i7 9750H brings is not a bad decision.

What do you think?
Is the i7 10710U powerful enough to be paired with an external GPU like RTX 2060 via Thunderbolt Type-C in case the thermals are OK?

Have fun

I guess this comes down to how you will be using the laptop? If you are planning on...
Hey guys!

What do you think?

Have fun

I guess this comes down to how you will be using the laptop? If you are planning on gaming, keep in mind you won't be able to run games well on either option on the battery as the power limit kills frame rates on battery (or if you override the power saving the battery lasts less than 30 mins) - gaming on a laptop really needs the laptop to be plugged in. If you are running plugged in then go with the 9750H as it will give more consistent frame rates.

If gaming is your secondary use and you need the laptop to do a lot stuff on battery that doesn't use the GPU then you will get better battery life from the 10710U. I have a 9750H based laptop I used for 3D CAD work and a bit of gaming, battery life is about 4 hours doing light tasks on a 62WH battery pack, plugged in it holds up well with a RTX 2060.

Reactions: mkaafy
Solution