News Core i7-11700KF Edges Out Core i9-10900K In New Benchmark

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
Actually I feel the results don't look promising. I am not sure about Ashes of Singularity, but most games are not optimized for high core counts, typically above 8 cores. So even with the extra 2 cores on the existing Comet Lake chip, it may not bring any meaningful improvement in games. So if I look at the results, its not that impressive. Beating Comet Lake is not unexpected and a must in my opinion since Intel have not introduce any improvement in IPC for 4 years now since the introduction of Skylake.

Reactions: RodroX and Phaaze88
mmmm so 114.5 vs 110.6 FPS and 126.7 vs 123.1. I wonder other than for a benchmark result, Which human being on earth will be able to tell the diference between those numbers?, What about the 1% low?, How many runs did they?, What about RAM, Cooler?

I mean, one could only bet intel should be able to beat its own old product. But I think is too soon to be drawing conclusions.

mmmm so 114.5 vs 110.6 FPS and 126.7 vs 123.1. I wonder other than for a benchmark result, Which human being on earth will be able to tell the diference between those numbers?, What about the 1% low?, How many runs did they?, What about RAM, Cooler?

I mean, one could only bet intel should be able to beat its own old product. But I think is too soon to be drawing conclusions.
Since ashes is very multithreaded it would mean that 20% less cores get the same results, there is no reason for multiple runs or for 1% mins when you are talking about a 20% difference.

And nobody is drawing any conclusions, it's just a benchmark with nobody knowing any details.

Since ashes is very multithreaded it would mean that 20% less cores get the same results, there is no reason for multiple runs or for 1% mins when you are talking about a 20% difference.

And nobody is drawing any conclusions, it's just a benchmark with nobody knowing any details.

Well it does not seem not scale too much after 8 cores (not to say at all, specially when you OC both chips of the same gen 10700K and 10900K). So yeah Ashes may scale well with cores (up to 8), but high frecuency seems to be as important.
So I don't think 8 or 10 (or 16) cores will really make any diference: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-10700k-cpu-review/3. Even Ryzen Zen 2 results show that highest multicore frecuency is better than more cores.

Last edited: