News Core i7-13700 Shows Higher Single-Threaded Performance Than Core i9-12900K

"However, Intel seemingly shaved 300 MHz off the Core i5-13400's boost clock."

That... Could actually be a tad bad for everyone looking for a good value gaming CPU.

Well, benchmarks will tell.

Regards.

"However, Intel seemingly shaved 300 MHz off the Core i5-13400's boost clock."

That... Could actually be a tad bad for everyone looking for a good value gaming CPU.

Well, benchmarks will tell.

Regards.
If these are just specs taken from a spec sheet, then the clocks are for the stated TDP and running all the cores including e-cores.
Boost clocks on the p-cores should be the same if not better as previous benchmarks since no single benchmark ever was done at 65W...

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
If these are just specs taken from a spec sheet, then the clocks are for the stated TDP and running all the cores including e-cores.
Boost clocks on the p-cores should be the same if not better as previous benchmarks since no single benchmark ever was done at 65W...
If you are looking at the base 65W TDP, you should be looking at the base clockspeed. While the max clockspeed is for single core, I believe the all core boost should be around 4Ghz, which is not achievable at 65W.

If you are looking at the base 65W TDP, you should be looking at the base clockspeed. While the max clockspeed is for single core, I believe the all core boost should be around 4Ghz, which is not achievable at 65W.
4Ghz for running what?! All core depends heavily on how heavy the load is.
Cinebench will have a radically different all core clock from ghostwire tokyo.

And again, nobody ever in the last years benchmarked any high-end desktop CPU locked at 65W.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
4Ghz for running what?! All core depends heavily on how heavy the load is.
Cinebench will have a radically different all core clock from ghostwire tokyo.

And again, nobody ever in the last years benchmarked any high-end desktop CPU locked at 65W.
I am not sure if an i7 12700 is considered high end enough. If so, see review below. Most reviewers don't do such review simply because it makes little sense to slap an i9 chip which is not cheap, and setting a hard limit at 65W.

Intel Core i7-12700 + Intel B660 Review | TechSpot

In my opinion, all core turbo really means all cores at 100%. Games is more like a few cores are running at max speed, and some at half clockspeed with load bouncing between cores. And since the thread director in Windows 11 is meant to use the P-cores exclusively for games, so the E-cores are also generally in a very light state of usage just running background tasks.

In my opinion, all core turbo really means all cores at 100%.
How did turbo come into play now?!
Intel, and AMD as well for that matter, only provide you with base clock for base TDP, anything above (or below) that depends on what you run so nobody makes any real claims, they give you single core max boost and that's it, everything else is up to the user.
Since these will have more cores, even if they are e-cores, the base clocks for base TDP will be lower but if you run the same game/app on the same amount of p-cores excluding the e-cores the boost should be the same, if not better, compared to previous models.

That's why I asked you what software you expect 4Ghz on, because every one will boost differently.