News Core i9-13900K Outpaces Core i9-12900K In New Benchmarks

486SupportTech

Reputable
Jul 18, 2019
I can't imagine this being accurate. 440watts? Worse performance than previous gen. Intel would not release it if this was true.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
The claim that the 13900K is faster than 12900K is not even news. I am more interested to see how much more power will be required to feed this chip as it runs under full sustained load.

The claim that the 13900K is faster than 12900K is not even news. I am more interested to see how much more power will be required to feed this chip as it runs under full sustained load.
We already know that every reviewer will find out before the fact which z mobo will run everything at 440W if not even higher at "default" out-of-the-box settings and will only use that board for every review, so there is no need to wait just to find that out.
Nobody will care about how the CPU runs at base power or how much you can tune the power down without losing any performance, same as the previous gens.

Reactions: KyaraM

KyaraM

Admirable
We already know that every reviewer will find out before the fact which z mobo will run everything at 440W if not even higher at "default" out-of-the-box settings and will only use that board for every review, so there is no need to wait just to find that out.
Nobody will care about how the CPU runs at base power or how much you can tune the power down without losing any performance, same as the previous gens.
Mostly true, yes. However, there are a couple more differentiated reviewers out there, thank goodness... see Alder Lake charts made for performance vs power draw.