News Core Ultra 9 285 65W CPU beats Core i9-14900K in early Geekbench benchmark — Arrow Lake chip shows 15% better-multithreaded performance than predec...

TheHerald

Notable
Feb 15, 2024
True, the 35w T lineup will be the go to for efficiency oriented people. Every gen Intel sets the efficiency bar higher and higher, excited to see what they managed with arrow lake. Will they increase their lead, will they still lose to the 14900t, it's gonna be interesting. .

jasonf2

Distinguished
With the 14++++++ node stick Intel just kept figuring out how crank every mhz out by bumping up TDP. It is nice to see that Intel appears to recognize that if they don't get power efficiency back to par they will ultimately lose the whole game to AMD/ARM/RISC-V.

TheHerald

Notable
Feb 15, 2024
Not sure about this being true, the 14900K results isn't not showing this to be true, or am i missing something?
https://browser.geekbench.com/search?q=14900k
It is true if you compare stock vs stock. The results you are linking might have oced memory. My 12900k can hit 20k at stock just with fast memory.

In any case, geekbench is largely useless anyways. Only the ST portion is somewhat okayish, the MT part just doesn't scale with cores.

Apr 3, 2024
Excuse the ignorance but why would you want power efficient desktop CPU?
I built a gaming PC about a year ago, so that's my baseline for things. I always assumed the purpose getting a desktop was to push maximum values, with little to no care for efficiency?